Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 10:59 PM

Default Weird live hand

5/5 500max at T-stone. SB/ villain is fairly good, experienced young player. We have been friendly with each other though so i don't think he's going to be making any serious non-standard plays against me. He views me as tight and very solid. LP is loose/fairly bad dude in his 30s.

The hand:
I limp 75ss behind a couple of limpers on the button. Lets say stacks of villains are about 600 and i cover. Pot is 25 or 30 to flop of:

9h 7c 5h

Checks to LP who bets 20, I raise to 60, SB thinks for a (actual) minute and cold calls. LP also calls.

Turn Kd. Checks to hero, what is our plan now and why? If you check, whats the plan for a totally blank river (offsuit 2,3, or 4)?
Old 11-08-2007, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Weird live hand

[ QUOTE ]
5/5 500max at T-stone. SB/ villain is fairly good, experienced young player. We have been friendly with each other though so i don't think he's going to be making any serious non-standard plays against me. He views me as tight and very solid. LP is loose/fairly bad dude in his 30s.

The hand:
I limp 75ss behind a couple of limpers on the button. Lets say stacks of villains are about 600 and i cover. Pot is 25 or 30 to flop of:

9h 7c 5h

Checks to LP who bets 20, I raise to 60, SB thinks for a (actual) minute and cold calls. LP also calls.

Turn Kd. Checks to hero, what is our plan now and why? If you check, whats the plan for a totally blank river (offsuit 2,3, or 4)?

[/ QUOTE ]

i like a riase here pf. you bet this turn hard. hopefully get called by khxh
Old 11-08-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Weird live hand

I pot it because it is very likely I have the best hand, worse hands will call, and you have to protect your vulnerable hands.

edit: I`d raise this preflop. I want to chase out random higher spade hands and give my hand a way to win without having to just run hotter than everyone else.