Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Official Review Thread: PaddyByrne $10/$15K win

http://www.pokerxfactor.com/HA96725/15k%20win%20HH/8550
Old 11-22-2007, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Official Review Thread: PaddyByrne $10/$15K win

Bump. This was my biggest win by a distance and (previous was a 12/180 lol) so the final 2 tables was kind of unknown territory for me and I think there are some interesting hands in there (hand 250 on). Hopefully others can find some hands they think are interesting.

Hand 71 I don't remember at all and have no idea why I played the hand like that, it's obviously pretty awful.

Edit: I'm PaddyByrne btw.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:43 PM

1 more bump for the evening crowd. I'm UK so if anyone does reply I will comment tomorrow.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:21 PM

anyone wanna post some links to annette's HH's (particularly low limit buy ins <$10 and blind play ) ... i'm a free member at pxfactor and cant't look at them
Old 11-23-2007, 03:50 PM

Very well played for a $10 MTT.

41. Maybe push the ace preflop at the two late position limpers.

71. If you are going to bluff the river, bluff smaller. The push is for more than pot.

121 & 122 With M of 3.5, I think 85s and K8o are pushbots from mid position.

212. Probably a call of the short stack push with ATo.

304. Nasty spot, but I would push the turn with the OESD and 8-high flush draw. There is too much money in the pot.

398. bet your set on the turn, especially since you were the preflop raiser and an ace flopped.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:34 PM

Firstly thanks for the reply betgo. I guess most of hands were fairly standard then if there were only the 7 hands that you found to comment on, which I guess is a good thing as it means I'm playing well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

41 - I went through I phase a while ago where I did push marginal hands like this a while ago but I kept getting called by players who had limped with hands like TT or AQ/AK so I stopped doing it. That was mostly on crypto though so I'm not sure how different it would be on stars.

71 - as I said earlier I'm not quite sure what I was thinking in this hand. I assume I misclicked preflop to minraise and I don't know why I didn't c-bet the flop. I don't think bluffing the river for any amount is very good tbh since he rarely folds any pair and I'm beating 99% of unpaired hands.

121 & 122 - I agree I definitely should have shoved at least one of these, especially as blinds were about to go up. Not shoving meant I ended up having to shove the 75s UTG with an M of <3.

212 - I think I have a problem with calling shortstack pushes too tight outside of the blinds, I'm not quite sure how much I should tighten up with 3-5 people behind me.

304 - grogers has been very tight preflop at the FT and if the flop hadn't been monotone I think c-betting would probably have been bad. Once I get to the turn I think most of his spade draw hands also have a pair so are unlikely to fold. I can't see too many hands that I fold out with a shove but I guess unless I'm against a made flush I don't have awful equity anyway.

398 - A turn bet certainly wouldn't be bad and is possibly better than the line I took. At the time I didn't think it was likely he would check anything to me twice which I would get more than 1 street of value out of. I thought the combined chance of him bluffing the river and him sometimes making a hand to call me with made checking behind marginally better. I think for metagame purposes a bet is probably better since I will never check complete air here twice but I think as a single hand it's very close.