Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 11-09-2007, 12:37 PM

Default 5/10 deep AA tough river

Villan in this hand runs about 18/15. Nothing out of line from either of us yet. His attempt to steal is about 20% (low side). His flop and turn aggression are quite high, river relatively low and overall is 3.4. River sucks balls. Plan was to shove any card below 9 that wasnt a club and figure it out for the rest.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Hero ($2434.84)
BB ($1000)
UTG ($2800.97)
MP ($1025)
CO ($215)
Button ($2351)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $35</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $125</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $90.

Flop: ($260) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $165</font>, Button calls $165.

Turn: ($590) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $400</font>, Button calls $400.

River: ($1390) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button calls $1661 (All-In)
Old 11-09-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Re: 5/10 deep AA tough river

disconnect protect?

no, i think i fold.

What makes you want to call here? no sarcasm serious question...

I just dont know what hands hes valueshoving that are worse than AA apart from KK maybe, but i think KK will pop you on the flop and 4b pf a decent amount.

Also i dont know what hes bluffing with apart from 53s, Do you think hes good enough to bluff with 55 - 77, or other pairs?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:47 PM

You're getting bluffed here some percentage of the time, I think the player's disposition plays a big role in whether or not he turns 77 into a bluff. After all he still beats AK, so he may be more willing to take a freeshowdown.

Note: Everybody at 2/4 3/6 seems to pay off here, so that probably makes it a fold.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:49 PM

Meh, the fact that a good player should probably turn something like 99 into a bluff by the river makes me want to call. But he might be overcome by the fact that 99 beats Ak and check it back even though he probably shouldnt on that river. If I had a set here id probably value shove myself. So my hand is pretty defined as one pair right? Given what my hand is defined ass, AA is the strongest part of that and if he is playing well and realizes my range he should be shoving as a bluff alot because the only things I can call with are AA AQ KK. I doubt hes value shoving KK because he doesnt need to turn that into a bluff and there isnt so much value, but it is possible.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh, the fact that a good player should probably turn something like 99 into a bluff by the river makes me want to call. But he might be overcome by the fact that 99 beats Ak and check it back even though he probably shouldnt on that river. If I had a set here id probably value shove myself. So my hand is pretty defined as one pair right? Given what my hand is defined ass, AA is the strongest part of that and if he is playing well and realizes my range he should be shoving as a bluff alot because the only things I can call with are AA AQ KK. I doubt hes value shoving KK because he doesnt need to turn that into a bluff and there isnt so much value, but it is possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

why are you shoving a set and not aa? how do they differ here besides when villain has specifically qt? i think your frequencies are off in this spot if i'm understanding you correctly.

as far as the hand goes i think you should bet slightly bigger on flop and turn so the river stacks are slightly less than a psb. as it is i'd fold, though there certainly is an argument for calling against many opponents.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:01 PM

because he could easily have a lower set and that makes up a good amount of his range on this board.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
because he could easily have a lower set and that makes up a good amount of his range on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which he takes a freeshowdown with? I think chewy is right. You are hung out to dry with AA if he bets and you've got to figure out if he bluffs too much or too little.

Edit. JT is the same hand as AA here so, if I called with AA, I would call with JT too.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:12 PM

I dont think he has a set often at all.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:14 PM

i think he's turning a 99 or JJ into a bluff here often enough for you to call this. As you said your hand is pretty defined as one pair which makes it an easy bluff shove from him.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think he's turning a 99 or JJ into a bluff here often enough for you to call this. As you said your hand is pretty defined as one pair which makes it an easy bluff shove from him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hes turning JJ into a bluff??? wtf?