Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 06:12 PM

Default 25nl bb special flopped trips

villains are both unknown.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($22.95)
UTG ($10.55)
MP ($29.65)
CO ($46.25)
Button ($39.20)
SB ($70.05)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.25, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1.5</font>, Button calls $1.50, SB folds, Hero?
Old 10-09-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Re: 25nl bb special flopped trips

I like a smooth call. weak lead turn repping a gutshot or weak ten maybe 1/3 pot. bet/call rs turn esp if puts another potential draw out given how players over protect hands.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like a smooth call. weak lead turn repping a gutshot or weak ten maybe 1/3 pot. bet/call rs turn esp if puts another potential draw out given how players over protect hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it
Old 10-09-2007, 06:57 PM

Hmm. Lots of choices here, let me look at a few.

3-bet to something like $5: The main question here is what you do if you get raised again. If that happens, the range you're up against probably looks something like a handful of better 6s, KK+, TT, maybe AT. Most of those would be fairly weird lines, so I don't know what to make of all of that. One thing that tilts this in your favor is that assuming any logic whatsoever, you'll have lots of split outs against any better 6s you might encounter.

Call, lead turn: This seems off to me, but I can't really put my finger on why. I think it's because the combination of the lack of aggression on the flop followed by trying to retake the lead on the turn always looks rather bizarre, particularly on a board this dry.

Call, check turn: Tons of ways this can go, depending on the action behind you. This was my initial inclination. I would probably usually make a modest c/r in this spot.

Looking at all of this, I think I like the immediate 3-bet and am happy if we can get the money in. The thing that sways me is that (except for A6) the more likely 6s your opponents could have will be connectors and one-gappers which you are drawing to a ton of outs for a split against, so your equity is probably just fine here, and you might get lucky against AT or KK gone bananas.

EDIT: Following this logic, if the 3-bet gets called and the money doesn't go all in, I would lead again on most turns, possibly reconsidering if the turn comes small.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:09 PM

1)wouldn't 3 betting the flop fold out most hands you want value from?

2)for call lead turn so what if your trying to take control again. find it hard to beleive a 10 will fold to such a small bet then we can take to value town on river.

3) checking turn might get checked behind letting a gutshot/ bdfd get there cheap and wont get any value when they fold to our river bet
Old 10-09-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1)wouldn't 3 betting the flop fold out most hands you want value from?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, maybe not. A lot of hands that would fold in this spot if I were to 3bet seem unlikely to pay two more streets of bets anyway. (EDIT: I certainly sympathize with this logic, and as I think I said, my initial gut response was to call and try and do something on the turn. But it's not like there are a lot of turns that help our cause.)

[ QUOTE ]

2)for call lead turn so what if your trying to take control again. find it hard to beleive a 10 will fold to such a small bet then we can take to value town on river.

[/ QUOTE ]

If 3betting the flop is so scary that Ts will generally fold, how is ramming the river going to help, particularly when overcards could well have come along the way?

[ QUOTE ]

3) checking turn might get checked behind letting a gutshot/ bdfd get there cheap and wont get any value when they fold to our river bet

[/ QUOTE ]

If they're folding to your river bet, they'd be folding to your turn bet too, most likely. With the bet and call, they don't both have only those draws, anyway.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:24 PM

I don't suggest ramming the river. i mean squeezing value out of a ten.

hmm but you are right about both not likely on a draw more like one has a 10 so maybe c/r turn can be sexy

good stuff