Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: PSA: One line answers

i takes litterally no more effort to post a tiny reasoning instead of just 1 word. you obv dont need to right a small book every time you reply, but a simple '...coz i doubt he calls with anyhting you beat' etc, makes things much clearer. like nogatsira said a little explanation helps determine if the advice is good or not, its helps evertyone, especially the poster since he could have a completely wrong and backwards reason to their action.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:16 PM

IMO - The point of posting hands in the first place is to uncover and understand the different elements you should be considering when deciding how to play a hand. You will be in many similar situations in the future, however, very rarely will you encounter the exact situation again. So, simply knowing the correct decision for a past situation w/out understanding the thought-process behind it leaves you unprepared for dealing w/ similar situations in the future. Clearly one should think on one's own about why a respondent might answer "call" instead of "raise". But presumably we've gone through this at the table when the hand was initially played, and yet still chose a different action for one reason or another.

edit: posted from perspective of one who receives MUCH more advice than he gives. obv ty's to all those who take time to give advice to the uNL'ers regardless of how many words you use.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:21 PM

I just think that SO many threads end up boiling down to "should I call because I'm ahead, or fold because I'm behind."

In these situations, saying anything except your preferred action ends up being very redundant. I guess I'm in the minority, but there are loads of situations where I think this is a little silly. It just seems like it's super nitty for mods to regulate this kind of thing.

Asking posters to explain there actions more would be fine. Saying "if you don't I will take mod action" is just not my cup of tea.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just think that SO many threads end up boiling down to "should I call because I'm ahead, or fold because I'm behind."

In these situations, saying anything except your preferred action ends up being very redundant. I guess I'm in the minority, but there are loads of situations where I think this is a little silly. It just seems like it's super nitty for mods to regulate this kind of thing.

Asking posters to explain there actions more would be fine. Saying "if you don't I will take mod action" is just not my cup of tea.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 09-18-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im going to start cracking down on one line answers. It is just not good enough to come into a thread and say something like "call" with no justification for why you think that is the best course of action. Obviously, sometimes the hand is very obvious (should I go all in with AA preflop??!! ololool) but most of the threads here require more anaylsis than that.

So in future if I catch you making some weak-sauce reply like "call>>>raise>>>>>fold " and you dont explain your reasoning I'll just delete your post. If you keep on doing it I'll just ban you for a couple of days so you can think about it. These forums exist so we can help one another with our games and one line posts do nothing but clutter threads and piss off moderators.

If you don't know the answer to the hand posted, then ask a question like "should we really be stacking off with AQ here when I think that a big part of his range is sets?" or alternatively, just read and learn.

THANKS

-ama

ps. call>>raise>>>>>fold obv

[/ QUOTE ]
Please tell me that you came up with this after reading my selfquote in your what? thread. Because that was the idea behind it :P
I like it, swing the banhammer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

p.s.: Perosnally I don't even want much of a "do this because of that" kind of answer. I'd like an answer along the lines of "these are the things that should go through your head and lead to the decision"
Thought process + explaination of whot one would do based on the thought process >Thought process > recommendation only
Old 09-18-2007, 04:52 PM

FWIW, I think Sightless gives the best hit-the-nail-on-the-head type of advice, and I don't think I've ever seen him write more than one line.

I guess I see the reasoning behind the rule though.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:55 PM

[censored] you [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2007, 06:41 PM

Jam,

I never see you post here but in SSNL you give bomb answers.

Also too, ama,

raise>>>>>>>fold>>call LDO
Old 09-18-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jam,

I never see you post here but in SSNL you give bomb answers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been a fan of what I've seen in uNL, def post more down here in the dungeon Jamouga [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2007, 06:45 PM

I think AMA's totally right here. I'd love to post in this forum more, but the propensity of duders to just say "fold" and have that be it is remarkably counterproductive.

If its been covered already, don't post a one word repeat.
If the play is ridiculously stupid, don't post or else explain specifically why its stupid so that the op can see the error of his ways.

This forum suffers from avalanches of redundant or unenlightening one-word answers. I always make a note to specifically ask for no alternate line suggestions without reasoning because well, I get that a lot and it sucks.

I'll be posting more hands in the future. When I post I give all of my reads/thoughts in the hopes of getting back relevant analysis.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's seen an issue.
Closed Thread