Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Heated Exchange with 24hr Fitness front desk guy WTF

don't get me wrong it's not great how the guy treated him but have you ever been to a corner store at 4AM the guy behind there doesn't usually great me with a warm smile and cheerful hello, no biggy cause it's 4AM.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Next time bring your card. How freaking difficult is that? Do you go the grocery store without money or some kind of a card?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't see the difference between forgetting money for a grocery store, and forgetting your membership card for a gym where they can look up your info in 11 seconds? I mean really? You can't figure that one out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Strange that I've been to a fitness club maybe 1500 times in my life and never forgotten my card. I guess I'm just special that way.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:00 AM

Hes working at that time cause hes a dink. Nuff said. I still remember hitting gym constantly and biking there. i always left my bike lock on the rack and they cut it off. I asked if I could my bike in the back and they wouldnt let me. Pissed me off but waht you do. Live with it or go elsewhere

Here in Alberta he would get promoted for just showing up to work [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hes working at that time cause hes a dink. Nuff said. I still remember hitting gym constantly and biking there. i always left my bike lock on the rack and they cut it off. I asked if I could my bike in the back and they wouldnt let me. Pissed me off but waht you do. Live with it or go elsewhere

Here in Alberta he would get promoted for just showing up to work [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here in Alberta (Edmonton) it seems to be 80% women doing that kind of job.

With the economy the way it is most young guys are doing construction or up north working on the rigs making huge coin.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf at people in this thread saying the OP being treated like this is no big deal. Am I being leveled? I don't care if he's paying $55 or $20 a month. He's a paying customer and the reason this douche has a job. OP doesn't deserve to be made to feel like [censored] for forgetting his card.

[/ QUOTE ]

then he should be mad at the company for hiring employees like this and quit and go to another gym. problem solved. getting all moralistic and "i work for my money! i deserve to have my ass kissed!" etc. nobody gives two flying f*cks about you irl, deal with it. was the kid out of line? sure. is this end-of-the-world atrocious? no.

people yell at kids like this all day about sh*t that isn't his fault. "how come you don't have this machine? i pay my god-damned money every month and blah blah blah blah blah" ...

just bring the card. if this is too difficult, go to a different gym.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Here in Alberta (Edmonton) it seems to be 80% women doing that kind of job.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be pissed if my 24 hired a bunch of dudes. Also, I forget my card all the time and never catch any grief over it.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:17 AM

as a further example: at the moment i have a basically crap job making <40k/yr in a Sprint store. this store used to employ phone-repair dudes who would fix broken customer phones. this store also used to answer billing questions, issue credits, etc. now this store doesn't. the repairs are handled by a store literally <5 mins away.

a few days ago a guy comes in. i ask him how he's doing, he just holds out his broken phone, slams it on the desk and says "fix it". i tell him sorry, the repair guys got fired. he starts flipping his sh*t ... "well they should've sent me a f*cking letter! i drove all the way here! blah blah blah blah".

a co-worker of mine walks over after hearing him drop an f-bomb, snaps his fingers, points to the door and says "leave." i'm sure this guy was flamingly pissed about how poorly he was treated. so f*cking what? paying money doesn't give you the right to act like a huge ass, or curse and scream, or whatever.

same deal here. this kid's only job is to make sure you have your id with you. if you don't have your id with you, he has to tell you to bring it next time.

blah i hate people.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
as a further example: at the moment i have a basically crap job making <40k/yr in a Sprint store. this store used to employ phone-repair dudes who would fix broken customer phones. this store also used to answer billing questions, issue credits, etc. now this store doesn't. the repairs are handled by a store literally <5 mins away.

a few days ago a guy comes in. i ask him how he's doing, he just holds out his broken phone, slams it on the desk and says "fix it". i tell him sorry, the repair guys got fired. he starts flipping his sh*t ... "well they should've sent me a f*cking letter! i drove all the way here! blah blah blah blah".

a co-worker of mine walks over after hearing him drop an f-bomb, snaps his fingers, points to the door and says "leave." i'm sure this guy was flamingly pissed about how poorly he was treated. so f*cking what? paying money doesn't give you the right to act like a huge ass, or curse and scream, or whatever.

same deal here. this kid's only job is to make sure you have your id with you. if you don't have your id with you, he has to tell you to bring it next time.

blah i hate people.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA You're a loser!

DUCY?
Old 07-24-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wtf at people in this thread saying the OP being treated like this is no big deal. Am I being leveled? I don't care if he's paying $55 or $20 a month. He's a paying customer and the reason this douche has a job. OP doesn't deserve to be made to feel like [censored] for forgetting his card.

[/ QUOTE ]

then he should be mad at the company for hiring employees like this and quit and go to another gym. problem solved. getting all moralistic and "i work for my money! i deserve to have my ass kissed!" etc. nobody gives two flying f*cks about you irl, deal with it. was the kid out of line? sure. is this end-of-the-world atrocious? no.

people yell at kids like this all day about sh*t that isn't his fault. "how come you don't have this machine? i pay my god-damned money every month and blah blah blah blah blah" ...

just bring the card. if this is too difficult, go to a different gym.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not just a question of being a customer, paying for a service. It's that the guy is a dick to another person for no reason. Like if you asked someone on the street for the time, and they get pissed because you've inconvenienced them, it's just being a [censored] person.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:21 AM

wow dude. Just say to him "sorry about that. Thanks for your help" and be done with it. I mean, the guy sounds like he's being a little bit of a tool here, but I don't think he's alone.
Closed Thread