Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2006, 04:31 AM

Default Re: The demise of Gigabet

[ QUOTE ]
Since I don't play tourneys hardly at all and so normally don't follow the tourney forums, I am not all that familiar with gigabet, but am aware he is held in some esteem. However if he is unfairly being slandered here and doesn't come forward to defend himself, then that says something very telling. Unless of course ZJ and JJ have used up all the BS excuses if he really is guilty of something.

[/ QUOTE ]
He really doesn't post regularly at all so there's a good chance he doesn't even know this thread exists, though a few times in the past he has piped in if there's some sort of discussion about him.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Many MTTers know all the facts here firsthand. Hopefully one of them will step forward with details.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-25-2006, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However if he is unfairly being slandered here and doesn't come forward to defend himself, then that says something very telling. Unless of course ZJ and JJ have used up all the BS excuses if he really is guilty of something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know anything about the Gigabet rumors, but I do know he's not a daily poster, and when he does post, it tends to be more regarding hand play and less about gossip, cheating, or hero worship.

Plus, this forum is not frequented by a lot of regular posters. I myself have never come here until yesterday, when the MTT Moderator pointed us in this direction.

-Z
Old 02-25-2006, 05:33 AM

El D,

I'm really upset you are not more up to date on this gossip. Seriously. Are you stone walling us?
Old 02-25-2006, 05:40 AM

SS,

I am not stonewalling. I have a pretty good idea of what happened here, but I have heard a wide range of stories (all pretty consistent regarding the core facts) from a number of different very highly regarded people on the tourney scene. I do not have any firsthand knowledge of Gigabet's situation or dealings with others. I have just heard a lot of stuff. While I'm confident that it is true that he went bust and that a lot of shady stuff transpired after that, I do not know the actual facts ot these shady things, and therefore am leaving the specifics to be told by those with firsthand knowledge.

If these rumors are unfounded and someone steps forward to say that, that is fine too. I doubt that's the case, though.

The reason I brought this up today was that in light of the ZJ scandal, it became clear to me in reading the responses that many people are far too naive and trusting about what goes on in the online poker world.

For both personal moral reasons and financial reasons, I am in favor of anything that increases the level of integrity of the online poker world. No reason the cleaning house should stop with ZeeJustin.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:53 AM

El D is right, cheaters of all kinds should be exposed. This is bad for poker it hurts all of us. We have to have a high level of integrity to attract new players (or fish [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). This isn't just some bum who used multiple accounts, these are high profile players cheating.

Anyone who is caught should be lucky they are just losing their money, and everyone on 2+2 and the poker world should know about their exploits.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
... and everyone on 2+2 and the poker world should know about their exploits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sooner or later, stories like this will start showing up on CNN. That's a good thing if it forces the sites to make more of an effort to clean this stuff up.

Diablo is also right about how naive we players are. I am surprised even though I know I shouldn't be.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
... and everyone on 2+2 and the poker world should know about their exploits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sooner or later, stories like this will start showing up on CNN. That's a good thing if it forces the sites to make more of an effort to clean this stuff up.

Diablo is also right about how naive we players are. I am surprised even though I know I shouldn't be.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the honest people are guilty of, is judging people by their own standards, whilst that is a little naive, it isn't something to be ashamed of.

Mack
Old 02-25-2006, 09:02 AM

Whatever happened with the sng challenge, did people ever get their money back?
Old 02-25-2006, 09:59 AM

Not yet, that accounts for around $10,000 split up from quite a few people.