Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 11-27-2007, 09:03 AM

Default Re: call of duty 4

fixed it by updating sound and graphics drivers. woo woo.

this game is cool.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:15 AM

Game is stupid fun on Xbox Live.

Bought it last Monday and with some time off of work last week for the holiday, managed to level up to 26.

Died a ton at first but have really turned it around of late playing Team Deathmatch using the G3. Hated the gun at first but really getting the hang of it. Definitely not for a run and gunner but good at mid range.

I have barely touched single player since MP is so much fun.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I might spend the rest of my life trying to get past the fkkking ferris wheel waiting for helicopter part.

[/ QUOTE ]
when you set the guy down, look to hsi right and there is a tree, use this tree as cover, and you will realy only have to look to your right, which is right at the wheel and behind it. It limits the space you have to look at, and should give you enough cover to not have to worry about the [censored] he is shooting at. Also, plant all you claymores before he uses the raido.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea that's what I've been doing but a dog has killed me like 6 of the ~10 times I've tried this part even though I press the knife button. I used all my claymores at the last checkpoint. Do you have to be fully standing to knife the dog or something?
Old 11-27-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's the best way to get XP?

[/ QUOTE ]
afaik using different weapons and getting the upgrade bonus is the best way to lvl up.

[/ QUOTE ]

That and play headquarters. HQ gets the most exp per match but you need to be on a semi-coordinated team. The losing team doesn't get much but the winners get a lot of exp just for winning the match.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:34 PM

beat: game doesn't work on vista x64
Old 11-27-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone just told me that there is no split screen on xbox live, like the 4 person split screen there is for halo on live?

Seriously? 2 person split screen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can anyone attest to the validity of this statement?
Old 11-27-2007, 03:02 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
beat: game doesn't work on vista x64

[/ QUOTE ]

sooooo glad im still using xp. all i hear about vista are "hey im having massive problem x with vista this week".
Old 11-27-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I might spend the rest of my life trying to get past the fkkking ferris wheel waiting for helicopter part.

[/ QUOTE ]
when you set the guy down, look to hsi right and there is a tree, use this tree as cover, and you will realy only have to look to your right, which is right at the wheel and behind it. It limits the space you have to look at, and should give you enough cover to not have to worry about the [censored] he is shooting at. Also, plant all you claymores before he uses the raido.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea that's what I've been doing but a dog has killed me like 6 of the ~10 times I've tried this part even though I press the knife button. I used all my claymores at the last checkpoint. Do you have to be fully standing to knife the dog or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I have no idea if you have to be standing. I beat the game on the hardest setting (veteran?) and I have never once knifed a dog. If I manage to shoot it before it gets to me, cool. But I die every time to those [censored].

Not having claymores here is going to suck. I would honestly think about restarting the level if you are having tons of trouble. If you have tried it 3 times, no worries. If you have tried it 23 times, restart.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Someone just told me that there is no split screen on xbox live, like the 4 person split screen there is for halo on live?

Seriously? 2 person split screen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can anyone attest to the validity of this statement?

[/ QUOTE ]

Valid...
Old 11-27-2007, 03:25 PM

You have to just be looking at the dog to knife it. Remember at the start of the game when you had to knife the watermelon... it wouldn't work if you knifed it straight ahead, but when you looked down it worked. Try that.