Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2006, 04:52 AM

Default Re: TJ Cloutier\'s new book

[ QUOTE ]

TJ's book (if you ask me) is unfocused and confusing -compared to others at least - but the one thing I'd say it's not is deliberate misinformation. No one, let alone TJ Cloutier, would stoop that low.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's definitely misinformation. And I wouldn't call it stooping low. It's just all part of the game. Instead of manipulating a handfull of players at a table, you're manipulating thousands of people that you don't even have to meet, and they pay you for the privilege. Sounds good to me.

I read Cloutier's book immideately after reading Harrington's. Cloutier's book is so backasswards and in diametric opposition to Harrington's that it's laughable. I'd happily give Cloutier's book to anyone that I was going to be in a tournament with.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:19 AM

Default Re: TJ Cloutier\'s new book

[ QUOTE ]
The best use of the book was detailed by McManus in his book. He told TJ he read the book. Then he TJ bluffed off his chips to McManus doubling him up and giving McManus the lead in the WSOP ME. McManus said he knew TJ knew McManus had read the book, so he played the hand the opposite of how the book reccommended. I don't know if McManus consciously viewed TJ's book as misinformation, but he certainly exploited it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how he exploited Hassan Habib's inability to outflop him when he called off half his chips before the flop with 8 or 9 high. Those guys are so exploitable.

Agreed that the book is intentionally bad. I don't agree that the above is the "best use" of it, though. I'm torn between kindling and toilet paper for that title.