Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 11-27-2007, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Basic Sit \'n Go Questions Answered Here

Interesting hand posted by youbobAA. I actually like getting it all-in at the flop. You have an overpair with the nut flush draw, and while it was pointed out (correctly) that you want to be very conservative early, that hand is too strong to let go.

Mid-high pairs should generally be raised, with the exceptions being when you are in early position (where you will sometimes fold or limp). Hard to say much more than that speaking in general [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

htt, smbruin is right -- SNGs have a very fast pace, and often turn into push/fold battles after around 20 minutes of play.

Mike's advice is spot-on for opening accounts and where to play. You can get a $75 bonus (I believe) from a new Stars account, and a site like Full Tilt you should definitely get rakeback. Check out the internet and rakeback forums for more on this.

Aziatic, if the guy is limping a lot during high blinds, then you would want to make the "HBL" player note I talk about in SNG Strategy and be willing to come over top with an all-in raise with a much wider hand range than normal.

Very good questions guys, feel free to keep on posting.

-- Collin
Old 11-27-2007, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Basic Sit \'n Go Questions Answered Here

[ QUOTE ]
... youbobAA. ... that hand is too strong to let go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now we know. Thanks, Collin.