Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-18-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Razz - exit door?

Some distracting stuff happened during this hand and I wondered later, if I'd been focused, if I would have played it the same way. Comments?

Razz ($1/$2), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.30 SB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (3.65 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (6.65 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

River - (9.65 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___folds

Total pot: (11.65 BB)
Old 11-18-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Razz - exit door?

Looks fine. If your opponent had better than a rough 7 on 6th he would have raised you. Villian seems likely to either have paired by 5th or be no better than an 8.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:18 PM

I might raise 4th. Seat 2 will auto-bet much of the time even though he probably shouldn't with a pair. You have a clean 4 card hand with reasonably live outs. You'd much rather the 9 was gone but that may be difficult now. If you raise maybe seat 2 will re-raise, tipping the strength of his hand, or just call, tipping it the other direction. If he has a real monster on 4th you're not that far behind so it's not so bad.

If he has a perfect 4 to a wheel, you have about 30% equity with the 9 still in, or 40% if he's out.

The rest seems OK.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:02 AM

I would definetely raise 4th, I dont think you are underdog to any hand with the cards that are out. Even if you are a slight underdog, raising is correct becuase there is a 3rd player in the hand.

I would reraise 5th if the opponent is anyone but a solid player(where on FT %90 of the players don't fit into this category)

I would probably bet 7 for value, seat 2's 6th street call shows he doesn't have 7 high by 6th street. Seat 6, probably has an 8 in the hole(otherwise he would complete at 3rd) or if had worse would fold earlier.

With so many low cards dead (and the hiden carsds) both of them are very likely to miss the river. Even if they make 7 low they might not reraise in a 3 way pot. Plus seat 6 might call the river bet with 9high.

So what was the result?
Old 11-19-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So what was the result?

[/ QUOTE ]He rivered me. This is a guy who won't fold a good draw. He didn't. And it paid off. I recall he had 73 in the hole and picked up the 5 on the river, I think.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He rivered me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough luck. To paraphrase Mike Matusow, there's no justice in razz. Kudos to you. You played the hand well. I don't think I would've raised on fourth, but it may have been the correct play.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:55 AM

Like Rusty said, I think raising 4th is a must...

1. For isolation
2. For information
3. For value (maybe)

As played, I'm not really sure why you are leading out on 6th? You gave him credit for the best hand on 5th when you didn't raise, and now you are betting into him... kind of weird. But it worked out and he obviously didn't have better than a 7 so I can't complain.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:41 AM

I raise 4th to make the 9 draw pay.