Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2006, 03:51 AM

Default Ask me about Cingular Wireless

I'm an expert, been there a while...have any questions about service with Cingular? I'm the man! Tap this well of information. Even helped an OOT'er with a text message problem he was having lol

Also threw in a poll of curiosity, which wireless provider do you use?
Old 03-25-2006, 03:54 AM

Default Re: Ask me about Cingular Wireless

ok so i upgraded to a moto razr then dropped it in the ocean.. i retrieved it but it obv wasnt wrking. how can i get a new one without paying full price?
Old 03-25-2006, 03:55 AM

Im using an old ass nokia phone, with an AT+T plan. I went to cingular to get a new phone. I was willing to pay for a nice new one, but im probably owed a new phone on my plan by now anyway. The chick brushed me off and said I needed a new plan to get a new phone. Is this true? It sounded like bs to me. I don't want a new plan, but I want one of those razors or slivers.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:59 AM

How long have you had the moto razr? When did you upgrade? Your future upgrade eligibility will be depending on:

1 year agreement: 11 months from when you upgraded

2 year agreement: 21 months from when you upgraded
Old 03-25-2006, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How long have you had the moto razr? When did you upgrade? Your future upgrade eligibility will be depending on:

1 year agreement: 11 months from when you upgraded

2 year agreement: 21 months from when you upgraded

[/ QUOTE ]
no i already upgraded. i dont want a standard douchebag salesman answer. i want the behind the scenes, shady, not trying to screw me answer. like insurance fraud and such
Old 03-25-2006, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im using an old ass nokia phone, with an AT+T plan. I went to cingular to get a new phone. I was willing to pay for a nice new one, but im probably owed a new phone on my plan by now anyway. The chick brushed me off and said I needed a new plan to get a new phone. Is this true? It sounded like bs to me. I don't want a new plan, but I want one of those razors or slivers.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you are with former at&t wireless and want a new phone, your only option at this time is to "migrate" to cingular, purchase a new phone, start a new agreement (likely 2 years), and a new rate plan. if you migrate, ask for the 200 bonus minutes, they are offering that to customers that are migrating, and migrated customers only
Old 03-25-2006, 04:03 AM

Is cingular better than verizon if I want to carry around something like a treo700, or whatever similar type of phone cingular uses?
Old 03-25-2006, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

no i already upgraded. i dont want a standard douchebag salesman answer. i want the behind the scenes, shady, not trying to screw me answer. like insurance fraud and such

[/ QUOTE ]

The no B.S. answer is you are [censored] out of luck if you do not have insurance on your account. Sorry to hear about that though man =(
Old 03-25-2006, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is cingular better than verizon if I want to carry around something like a treo700, or whatever similar type of phone cingular uses?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Cingular will be better. Cingular is currently upgrading the data network with a technology called "UMTS" (don't ask). Cingular currently uses EDGE technology. So soon enough you will be able to browse the internet faster (spend more money) than other providers.

Sidenote, do not go with Palm One Treo 650/700. I get lots of calls from ppl that complain about their [censored] Treo. Just a head's up for you
Old 03-25-2006, 04:15 AM

What do you recommend for a PDA phone? Or do you maybe recommend doing something like get a normal phone, and then a real pda like a dell axim and interfacing the dell axim with the phone?