Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Entourage 8/20 v1.1

alright that was a crap point.

here's a better one though. the credits haven't changed since s1, they don't even acknowledge lloyd who has been in more eps than mrs. ari. it's possible they set out with the intention of focusing on eric more before changing their minds. another good example being the west wing where sam was supposed to be the main character and the president a small supporting role.

there have been numerous occasions throughout the shows run where people have said 'wow this show is basically all ari'. you simply can't say 'the show is about eric'.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:55 PM

Yeti,

I would also back off a statement that "the show is about E" exclusively. But the story is more about him than anyone else, including Vince. The writing reflects it, and the producers acknowledge it.

That's the real reason I brought up the credits (archangel actually brought it up first in the thread, but I missed it). If the show's producers thought the show was about Vince, Grenier would get top billing. See Alan Alda in "M*A*S*H", Ted Danson in "Cheers", etc.

Incidentally, I would also disagree with people who said "the show is about Ari." Ari is a great character, the reason to watch the show for many, and Piven is the strongest actor. But it is not a show about him, either.

And I hate to be a complete ass about this (but since I am halfway there, why not) but the credit sequence has changed this year to remove Debi Mazar and credit Perrey Reeves (Mrs. Ari).
Old 08-24-2007, 12:58 PM

its TV...credits in TV are far far different than credits in film where having your name first is a huge deal...god knows why
Old 08-24-2007, 01:00 PM

The story is more about E because it makes the job easier for them. They can just have Vinnie be a 1 dimensional actor/star...turtle be his one dimensional self, same with Drama...the only two characters who have any depth are Ari and E.

Its a sitcom...there isn't supposed to be a ton of character development.

And the reason people say the show is about Ari is because no one would watch the show without him.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I loved that they played the wonderful song "The Knife - Heartbeats" during Anna's photo shoot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZatCZ1YWQeI

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just getting caught up on these. Loved the Ace Frehley song at the end. Also did anyone catch Ini Kamose - The Hotstepper when Turtle was in the car with the chicks in the previous ep? Sweet flashback. Oh wait, or was that Snow - Informer? I can't remember now.