Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 11:10 AM

Default nl10: baluga theorem?

no reads on villain

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Hero ($8.60)
MP ($4)
Button ($3.25)
SB ($12.75)
BB ($9.70)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $0.10.
Hero calls $0.10, MP (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.35) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.35</font>, MP folds, BB calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.05) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $1.9</font>, Hero calls $1.15.

River: ($4.85) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $7.35 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $6.25 (All-In).

Final Pot: $18.45
Old 10-23-2007, 11:13 AM

Default Re: nl10: baluga theorem?

Baluga assumes you raised pre flop. Why no raise; limp UTG with AK??? I think your good here since you played it so weird and your hand is under represented, but I could be wrong.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Baluga assumes you raised pre flop. Why no raise; limp UTG with AK??? I think your good here since you played it so weird and your hand is under represented, but I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

i had raised the last several hands, thought id mix it up a bit. Is thelimp really terribe?
Old 10-23-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i had raised the last several hands, thought id mix it up a bit. Is thelimp really terribe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, with MP's dead money already in the pot, it's really awful.

If you've raised the last few hands this is the perfect time to raise with a hand like AK, because you're more likely to get action from marginal hands if people are starting to perceive you as loose.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:22 AM

hidious.

And meh, this is not baluga. You people overapply that way too much. You should be fine here more often than not.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:23 AM

The limp is terrible if you fold here. Limping AK's only purpose (and I still think limping is absurd) should be so you can go nuts when you hit your ace or king and they don't put you on AK. When you hit both?! Come on.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:24 AM

Stop trying to apply cool terms to your game and actually work on your fundamentals.

(not trying to come off as a dick I promise(
Old 10-23-2007, 11:26 AM

I find myself in this circumstance often as well, you're like "ok guys, I really do have a good hand this time, really..I do!" lol

Anyway, although tempting, I really think mixing it up like this only causes headache and makes the hand harder to play. Maybe if you would normally raise A10-AJ here UTG, and you've raised the last several hands and now your hesitant, just fold, but I think limping here is bad, your hand is way too strong.

In this hand BB saw the flop for free, who knows what he has, very hard to put him on a range.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, with MP's dead money already in the pot, it's really awful.

If you've raised the last few hands this is the perfect time to raise with a hand like AK, because you're more likely to get action from marginal hands if people are starting to perceive you as loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant agree more with this, obv. Sure, if you have raised 3 times in a row, it might not be good to do this with 93o UTG, but you have a very strong hand and would welcome people to play back at you here. People will play back at you with much worse hands, which is great.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stop trying to apply cool terms to your game and actually work on your fundamentals.

(not trying to come off as a dick I promise(

[/ QUOTE ]

On that note...

The fundamental problem with this hand is not raising PF. I LOVE to get a hand like this after I've been raising my wide range of hands pre-flop, if you're lucky some guy is going to play back at you with a weaker hand because he just knows you're being a bully.