Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2007, 03:28 PM

Default I really want this pot, sir!

This is what I call a pretty non-standard hand.

20$+r+a, pretty early.

Right after I called PF, I saw that I probably did a mistake, calling off 15% of my stack with 77. However, I didn't call just for setvalue, but I think I should have folded PF. However...

SB is okay, and I read his small bet on the turn as weakness. I think I can push him off a PP<QQ, and probably a weak Q as welll. BB is just dumb. He could have A high here, really... I would really expekt BTN to bet a queen on the flop.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t50/t100
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t3385
UTG+1: t2210
MP1: t5255
MP2: t1320
MP3: t1923
Hero: t3380
Button: t2755
SB: t3714
BB: t815

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises to t400</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls t400 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t550)</font>, Button calls t400 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t950)</font>, SB calls t350 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t1350)</font>, BB calls t300 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t1700)</font>.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t2000, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t2000, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets t700</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB calls all-in t415</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in t2980</font>
Old 05-13-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: I really want this pot, sir!

probably bet the flop to see where you're at, as is I don't mind the line you've taken, a good SB is firing a bet here with any pair, but I wouldn't take the Q out of his range as He may have wanted to c/r the flop with all the players in the hand. if he is only calling you with the Q and not other pairs 88-JJ then i like the play. still though, bet the flop to see where you're at.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:33 PM

I hate betting the flop, cause I hate how so many people want to shove on this flop. Also, the PR OR could slowplay a monster here. So I'd rather give up than bet/fold flop. I want to be the guy doing the shoving, if I'm not giving up. I felt the circumstances were too good to just fold.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:10 AM

What hand would you check on the flop you are shoving turn with those stacks?
Old 05-14-2007, 12:53 PM

I would raise or fold PF, depending on who opened.
It worked out a little better since you got 4 callers, but with 4 callers you really are now playing for set value.

I don't think AQ is out of range for SB, either is KQ or JQ.
Since you didn't bet the flop (and I think AQ has to), I'm not sure you could get JQ to fold. I think the only thing you can get the SB to fold is a bluff, in which case wouldn't calling be better? I think the chances of the SB bluffing are a little less because it's multi-way.

I probably fold the turn.