Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 05:45 AM

Default Re: LC: Post #5,000 - Ask me whatever

[ QUOTE ]
playing professionally, I am sure you have days/stretches where you simply get real lazy. This is one of my biggest problems right now.

How do you force yourself to play when u are lazy? How do you keep your self fresh and ready to play?

[/ QUOTE ]
I learned the hard way that forcing yourself to play when you don't want to is going to end up a disaster. So don't do that. If I feel bored or lazy, I practice dancing or watch clips/movies. I also spend my weekends with friends and that helps a lot.

[ QUOTE ]

How do you handle your downsings? play throught them? or take time off?

[/ QUOTE ]
When I hit a downswing:
(1) I move down in stakes where losses are less painful, and it's easier to beat weaker opponents, which helps regain confidence.
(2) I play less tables and table select better.
(3) I take time off. I've taken several weeks off before and every time I came back more focused than ever.
(4) I buy stuff. I'm pretty superstitious in that I keep things the same if they keep working, and if they stop working, I change things up. In my last three downswings, I've bought a Macbook Pro, an Aeron chair, and a 30" monitor. These all drastically improved my poker playing environment.

Also, sometimes I'll splurge to make myself feel better and I think it's okay. Like I'll get sushi or buy something expensive, and it'll give me a better perspective on things. I take a lot of satisfaction in knowing that I can afford stuff because of a game and I'll look at the things I've bought as like a measure of my success.

[ QUOTE ]
What your daily routine like during a "work" day?

[/ QUOTE ]
Wake up.
Check AIM, email, 2+2, Digg, Youtube, Entensity, Craigslist, Fantasy Football, etc.
Make sure my datamining machine is still running.
Wash up.
Eat something.
Sometimes watch a poker video.
Play.
Take a break. Check previous sites again. Make fun of DF_Newb and costanza_g on AIM.
Play.
Take a break. Eat. Right now I'm looking for a car so if there's a car I like, I go and check it out.
Play.
Repeat playing and taking a break until it's time to sleep.
Wash up.
Make sure datamining machine is still running.
Sleep.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How do I win 7 SNGs in a row, that's just ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta have skillz. I don't know, I think I'm better at HU than most people. My finish distribution seems to indicate that I play really aggro 5- and 6-handed, which would lead me to either bust earlier or have more chips on the bubble... and this might translate to a higher 1st place percentage, which would mean longer win streaks.

I don't know, win streaks and finish distribution don't matter all that much. ROI is all that counts.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
graph of all your cash play ?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm saving my lifetime graph for when I hit one million cash game hands, so pick one level (from .25/.50 to 5/10) at one site (Full Tilt, Stars, or Party) and I'll post the HM graph.