Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-13-2006, 01:25 AM

Default Re: How much do you want to be a few inches taller...

How much does this procedure cost anyway?
Old 10-13-2006, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Strange now that I think about it. I almost never notice peoples height though, unless they're taller then me which happens maybe once a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap. Now that I think about it, no way I could rank my friends by height, except for the few that are my height (6'3") or taller.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is common among tall people. Once you get to a certain height (6'4" for me) everyone who is around 5'9" to 6" looks about the same and a whole bunch of girls from 5'2" to about 5'6" look the same. Only the really tall or really short are memorable.

But what do I know, I'm Asian. I also don't pay attention to shorter folks because I only like pretty people and have a low IQ. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2006, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Strange now that I think about it. I almost never notice peoples height though, unless they're taller then me which happens maybe once a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap. Now that I think about it, no way I could rank my friends by height, except for the few that are my height (6'3") or taller.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is common among tall people. Once you get to a certain height (6'4" for me) everyone who is around 5'9" to 6" looks about the same and a whole bunch of girls from 5'2" to about 5'6" look the same. Only the really tall or really short are memorable.

But what do I know, I'm Asian. I also don't pay attention to shorter folks because I only like pretty people and have a low IQ. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen these words before but this sentence makes no sense.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know. but the average physique for world-class milers is 5'9" and 145 pounds. world-class marathoners are a bit shorter, like 5'7" on average. the best distance runner in history haile gebrslaisse is 5'3" I believe.

I don't know the figures for climbers, but ed viesturs is a tall mountaineer at 5'10".

not saying tall people can't be fast or good climbers but I think if you stretched me out I'd be a lot worse at both.

[/ QUOTE ]

The leg length to height ratio is ridiculous on almost all world class runners. Gebrslaisse is basically legs and a head. So is El G.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm Asian. I also don't pay attention to shorter folks because I only like pretty people and have a low IQ. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen these words before but this sentence makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Per Aloysius earlier in this thread:

[ QUOTE ]
Asians are retarded and superficial.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sense now? You must also be Asian, due to your inability to remember previous posts. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2006, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty happy with 5'9". I think being taller would get in the way of things I like to do like running and climbing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how being tall could possibly get in the way of those two things.

[/ QUOTE ]
you probably don't do much of either of those two things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, great explanation.

I assume you mean distance running, and I do know for sure the best distance runners currently and in the past have nearly all been near or above 6'.

[/ QUOTE ]
O
R
L
Y
?

[/ QUOTE ]

Khalid Khannouchi is not a great runner, certainly never considered near the BEST. The bottom two are not really distance runners, 5,000m plus is considered long distance. So I'll give you Haile, thats one....

[/ QUOTE ]
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE THE BEST, A FREAKING WORLD RECORD????

[ QUOTE ]
Chicago Marathon, winner in world record time (2:05:42)

[/ QUOTE ]

oh.

and you clearly don't know what you're talking about if you don't know hicham won the gold in the 5k in athens.

just to avoid the nits I'll go ahead and say there are plenty of great runners over 6' (jim ryun anyone?), it's just that the norm is around 5'8" or 5'9".