Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2006, 10:45 AM

Default iSTRONG\'s Tutorial Video #3: 100NL 6-max

I've made another tutorial video. This time it's 100NL 6-max. I play a much more TAG style than the other videos. As with the previous vids, it's target at beginners and intermediate players.

You can view my latest video here.

As always I hope you enjoy it and throw some feedback at me.

Links to previous videos:
Video #1
Video #2
Old 08-21-2006, 11:26 AM

Default Re: iSTRONG\'s Tutorial Video #3: 100NL 6-max

The vid is great. What could be super is if you could comment a little on what range you put the other players on, when you are not in the pot yourself.

Give us some guesstimates as to what they are representing and stuff like that.

keep it up!
Old 08-21-2006, 11:29 AM

I've been really enjoying these. Thanks a lot.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:37 AM

Uhh! and there is a minigame in it as well. try to follow the video-curser with your own curser! \o/

/at least its fun when stoned... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2006, 01:15 PM

Nice video.

In the K6s hand, I think you could have bet at least 1/3 PSB on river and gotten paid off. Villain in that hand had not played tricky up until that point. He seemed to play the hand like he had TP and it turned out he did. Even though you played that had like you had an 8, I bet he still would have paid off a smallish river bet.

In the A9s hand, great play on the turn and river. Jonas had been playing very passively postflop up until that point, only betting when he had a hand. I was amazed he turned up a total bluff. Keep up the good work!
Old 08-21-2006, 01:34 PM

Great video, very helpful and i agree on 'you-talking-funny'-comment in an earlier thread [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

2 questions though:

At some point you step back a lil' bit from raising the utg-limpers since they are inclined to call the raise frequently. And there you stop. Just questioning if stepping back is necessary if people tend to call your raises a lot but play very tight from the flop and a CBet usually takes down the pot anyway. Here the opponents in play seemed to call your bets in a rather loose manner with marginal flopped hands, so i can see you wouldn't be happy to have that situation with a so-so hand. But still, does your opinion apply for both categorys or just the latter?

On the 96865 flop with you holding K6 of diamonds, you remarked at the end raising flop or turn probably would be fine as well, as i can see but didn't you miss a serious valuebet? Seems to me he'd be inclined to call a reasonable bet as you could very well represent a busted flushdraw, as well as a straight(given how you played) wich would make him hesitant to bluff-checkraise giving you a pretty easy fold if he does?

Thanks for the vid and any input,

regards [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ,
Old 08-21-2006, 01:44 PM

Can I view it on a mac? If so what codec did you use?
Old 08-21-2006, 02:05 PM

I just watched a little bit of the video. I saw 2 hands which I think you could have played better.

1. UTG limps, You raise 5 otb w/ T9o, only UTG calls (pf is good). The flop comes TT7dd. UTG checks and you bet 7 into a pot of 11. I think you need to be atleast 9. UTG is pretty much either calling or folding so I think your missing some value (and letting him to draw to cheaply). You also want to inflate the pot so you can get more money in on the turn.

2. You (UTG) raise w/ KQs and weak player calls in SB. Flop comes KKJdd. Check, you bet 3/4 pot he calls. Turn is a blank, check you bet 3/4 pot he calls. River is another blank. He checks and you make a very small value bet of 15 into a pot of ~50. This guy has called you down 3 streets before. You should bet no less then 30 on the river (35-40 is probably optimal). Remember this guy didn't believe that you would play trips fast on the TT7 board and stacked off when the river gave him another 7 (I think he would have called down river anyway).

Thats pretty much all I watched.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:05 PM

Thanks for the replies. I got a couple of things to take care of. Will reply in a couple of hours.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:13 PM

Could you post a link to the wmv or avi please? Thanks.