Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2006, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Another 4XX hands, another -102BB. Once again I seek help.

This thread just reminded why i wonder how people make themselves play Absolute when any other site is probably more lucrative.

I feel for you, but man - Paradise, Party, Stars, UB, even Pacific...
Old 07-23-2006, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. Fold

[/ QUOTE ]You fold even though it's a blind steal battle and that river card has counterfeited some of Villain's hands?

[/ QUOTE ]
I meant fold the turn...but upon review, call for two pair or set outs and when the river pairs the board call the river. Yep.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:23 PM

Well 1st of all [ QUOTE ]
This thread just reminded why i wonder how people make themselves play Absolute when any other site is probably more lucrative.

I feel for you, but man - Paradise, Party, Stars, UB, even Pacific...

[/ QUOTE ]

And 2nd,
[ QUOTE ]
This is why I always have a 2000BB roll for whatever limit im playing. It keeps me from going crazy when this kind of [censored] happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo,bango,bongo.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you only see these threads from losing players or slight winners having massive downswings.

somebody with a longterm -1 bb/100 rate at absolute 3/6 (still profiting from rakeback and bonus at abs) isn't just going to charge into party 3/6 and start crushing it.

it's all pretty relative, and no one has ever shown definitive proof that one or the other is more lucrative. without ever looking too far into it myself, it seems that it's somewhat even, but you can make consistent money at absolute since the rakeback comes in regardless of any swings. your sd/100 will be larger at absolute, though, so the swings will be bigger and more frequent.

it's all how you wish to get paid, and how much you value playing in harder games...
Old 07-23-2006, 06:26 PM

hand 1: call down his flop c/r or 3bet the flop. calling the flop c/r and raising the turn sucks because you can get in situations like the one you find yourself. he 3 bets but you don't want to fold as you are unsure where you are and may have outs and want to show down and it sucks.
hand 2: go to war on the flop. it is a blind steal and he likely thinks you are FOS. punish him.
hand 3: practice avoiding getting 2-outed on the river.
hand 4: easy turn fold. you are right, in that you beat nothing.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:43 PM

1. i usually 3-bet the flop with this hand. as played, you just have too many outs to fold the turn. and on the river, the weakest one comes. call, cry, pray.

2. this hand is disgusting. you say there's no danger in him checking the river but if he has say JT, no heart, he checks behind a river heart. 3-bet the flop, watch him call down any pair. as played, check raise the turn. and yes, you cap the river. expect a flush very often here.

3. i call the flop 3-bet and raise the turn with our nearly unbreakable hand heads up against a very narrow range. turn Q is discouraging but i'd still raise/call down 3-bet. as played, no, you're not folding the river.

4. yeah, i guess you can fold there. button wins.