Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 07-11-2006, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Seriously, WTF is going on here?

this is 3/6 right? fold A LOOOOOOTTTTTT more in the sb (your sb winrate is effing bad man).

steal more (I'm suprised how high your VPIP is for only stealing 28% of the time)

edit: just read the thread. if sb is 2/3 then sb is fine. let me go check what my fold numbers are for when I was playing 15/30. Also, I steal at >40% and fold my bb <50%. A lot of your opponents play very bad postflop so I'd be looking for as many excuses as possible to play pots with them....
Old 07-11-2006, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Why do you play so few hands 6 handed? What is your average number of players? This probably reinforces my initial guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

My VPIP at $3/$6 is > 27%, I don't see that playing much looser than that would do me any good.

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant:
Your position stats indicate that you play a lot of 5 handed and under. Why is that and is it really true (give me the average # of players/table)?

[/ QUOTE ]

The tables empty and fill unevenly at Absolute because the player base is smaller. I do play a lot of hands with < 6 people at the table. My favorite game is three-handed. If Absolute would open three-handed tables, I probably wouldn't even need this thread.

SpaceAce
Old 07-11-2006, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is 3/6 right? fold A LOOOOOOTTTTTT more in the sb (your sb winrate is effing bad man).

steal more (I'm suprised how high your VPIP is for only stealing 28% of the time)

edit: just read the thread. if sb is 2/3 then sb is fine. let me go check what my fold numbers are for when I was playing 15/30. Also, I steal at >40% and fold my bb <50%. A lot of your opponents play very bad postflop so I'd be looking for as many excuses as possible to play pots with them....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the small blind at Absolute is 2/3.

What is your minimum offsuit, unconnected hand requirement for a steal at 40%?

SpaceAce
Old 07-11-2006, 11:55 PM

so my SB/BB fold numbers are 76/49 so yours look good I guess....

as far as stealing, it depends. OTB with offsuit hands: any ace, most kings, Q7/6+, j7/8+, T8+, 97o+, 87o (will cut out some of these depending on blinds). often will raise 65s/54s again depending on blinds.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:08 AM

I play in the same game SpaceAce. If you are willing, you can send me your ABS name and I'll tell you what notes I have on you.

As far as your stats go:

For starters-
Because ABS plays short/shorthanded so often and you've already said you enjoy it when it does get <5 players, I think your VPiP/PFR can come up a little.

You also aren't stealing any where near enough for these games.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I play in the same game SpaceAce. If you are willing, you can send me your ABS name and I'll tell you what notes I have on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm either running or playing VERY badly right now which makes me wary of putting a target on my back.

[ QUOTE ]

As far as your stats go:

For starters-
Because ABS plays short/shorthanded so often and you've already said you enjoy it when it does get <5 players, I think your VPiP/PFR can come up a little.

You also aren't stealing any where near enough for these games.

[/ QUOTE ]

During the big downslide on those graphs, I was approximately 29/20, stealing about 32.5 and defending both blinds a bit more but I was still getting slaughtered. Maybe I should bring those numbers back up but I don't think they alone explain the ridiculousness of those graphs.

SpaceAce
Old 07-12-2006, 12:23 AM

don't play on ABS?
Old 07-12-2006, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
don't play on ABS?

[/ QUOTE ]

OP would have made back his losses in RB and Bonus.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:25 AM

so its about a -0.7 bb/100 rate over your last 50k hands... there are tons of other people like you.

that said, your asb is at least 5-6% too low and probably about 10% too low. i defend my bb more, too.