Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: Over/Under 18.5 Democratic pickups on Nov.7th?
Under 2 16.67%
Over 10 83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Re: *** Official NY Mets Our OFFSEASON Has Come Thread ***

WHAT THE [censored]!?!?

WE JUST GOT ESTRADA, WHAT THE [censored] WITH SCHNEIDER
Old 11-30-2007, 05:02 PM

we gave away milledge for this [censored] [censored]?!?!

am i missing something with church?? does he have anywhere near the upside of milledge or the trade value????
Old 11-30-2007, 05:04 PM

i am so disgusted...this is such an awful trade...i dont even know how good these guys are but to not get a big name player in a trade involving milledge? wow this is unbeleivable...
Old 11-30-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we gave away milledge for this [censored] [censored]?!?!

am i missing something with church?? does he have anywhere near the upside of milledge or the trade value????

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is quite possible that he has both more trade value and more of an upside than Milledge.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:14 PM

i'm really hung over because of the stupid knicks and i thought wynton had broken the story a couple of posts earlier than me...

now i've read all of the ones above...[censored] this team, just [censored] it...i don't care if the players could be comparable (church = milledge wtf?) or if church is under contract until 2058...

it's no secret milledge is an [censored], but he was a great chip, who are we going to trade now to get ANY pitching help...i get he was prolly gone, but come on, not even an arm back, instead we get this [censored]??

i'm really confused, i guess estrada is getting shown the door, i meant, got rid of mota, but this doesn't make sense...

i can't see how this is part of something bigger coz i don't think church has anywhere near the trade value that milledge has...

the nats [censored] us over again...

this trade makes me really angry, there goes any chance of getting santana (pipe dream anyway), blanton/haren or anyone of any value...and we just lost one of our best chips
Old 11-30-2007, 05:16 PM

So which of Schnieder or Church is going to pitch? Cause that is what we needed right? I got an idea, lets let Church play first and trade Delgado for Mota.

Even if Milledge was overrated now if we want a pitcher Gomez has to be the guy, which leaves us with F-Mart as our only young outfielder prospect. Hm...
Old 11-30-2007, 05:28 PM

wynton, or someone, explain to me how church has more trade value???? i saw the above OPS stats, etc etc etc...i get it...he's more than serviceable and he's cost-effective for several years...

that being said, i didn't even want milledge and i didn't honestly think the mets would keep him around, so i was expecting a trade, but seriously...this is what we got??? come on, milledge might not nearly as touted as he was before, but come on, he still generates interest i'm sure...

i was hoping for pitching, if we had gotten decent pitching, i would have happy, i really would have been...our pen is weak, our rotation is old, this team needed help in the worst way there...

and we trade one of our best chips away for an OF and a 3rd catcher (at the moment)???? who cares for this, has the reasons for the collapse completely eluded minaya when he made this trade?? regardless of his drop in value, he was still a solid chip because of his age and potential and he goes and throws him away for a good who's at best possibly better than him?? who cares for the different stages of development, milledge wasn't going to be on this team next year anyway, y would we care how long it would take milledge to develop??

minaya, please do me a favor and trade gomez for sexson and complete the [censored] process

minaya is coming on the fan right now, plz [censored] tear him up
Old 11-30-2007, 05:31 PM

thankfully mike and the mad dog don't think of this as being a good trade and are pushing it a bit at the beginning of the interview here
Old 11-30-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Milledge would've likely been a well below average regular this season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Milledge's luck adjusted line for for 2007;

.304/.369/.478

For his career;

.295/.359/.452
Old 11-30-2007, 05:49 PM

the only thing that minaya has said that wasn't stupid in this interview is that there is no one being offered out there that he would consider trading reyes for...

otherwise, this was stupid, he's harping on this was all he could get for milledge, [censored], even if his value has dropped, he could have been packaged, packaged [censored], for a pitcher...

ugh, and what is with torrealba possibly suing the mets...just annoying