Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 03:57 AM

Default Why Do People Love Draws?

Background info: I have been playing very TAG and this guy really has no RESPECT for any reraises you might throw in his way. He loves his open ender's and will call off all of his chips, he did this earlier with the 1st hand below which I really didn't mind because he could have finished me off there not risking all of his chips, but then his 2nd call was annoying. He was a min betting donkey and would overbet the river if he had any decent hand. I just wanted the 2nd hand below to be shipped my way, I obviously dont mind his call, but I do mind it when he hits and its one of my ACES that HIT!

Poker Stars, $30 + $1.50 NL Hold'em Tournament, 10/20 Blinds, 2 Players

SB: 2,060
Hero (BB): 940

Pre-Flop: (30) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">SB raises to 40</font>, Hero calls 20

Flop: (80) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets 60</font>, Hero calls 60

Turn: (200) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets 80</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to 840 and is All-In</font>, SB calls 760

River: (1,880) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 1,880 Pot
SB showed J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Eights) and LOST (-940 NET)
Hero showed Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, Queens and Eights) and WON 1,880 (+940 NET)

Poker Stars, $30 + $1.50 NL Hold'em Tournament, 25/50 Blinds, 2 Players

BB: 1,565
Hero (SB): 1,435

Pre-Flop: (75) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
Hero calls 25, <font color="red">BB raises to 100</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to 250</font>, BB calls 150

Flop: (500) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets 100</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to 1,185 and is All-In</font>, BB calls 1,085

Turn: (2,870) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: (2,870) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 2,870 Pot
BB showed 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a straight, Ace to Five) and WON 2,870 (+1,435 NET)
Hero showed A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Aces) and LOST (-1,435 NET)

All I want is some reassurance that this is not an optimal profitable play, I know the answer but I just want to hear it from the experts. I maybe am folding open enders when I should be calling all in's, because 8 outs do hit 50%+.

Sorry ya'll just venting.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:28 AM

Default Re: Why Do People Love Draws?

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry ya'll just venting.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya and it's stupid threads like this that are making this forum cluttered and worse as time goes by. Post this garbage in LC, if even there.

On top of that, this horrible annoying thread isn't even tagged. Also, you didn't even play your Aces that well imo.

Enough with all of these awful threads.

chrismystero
Old 11-29-2007, 04:34 AM

The answer is pretty obvious as to why people like draws so much but your logic about how he played his aces is so subjective and situational its arbitrary.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:08 AM

Can someone move MxGucci to the BBV forum?
Old 11-29-2007, 10:58 AM

You guys are very cool. Keep disrespecting a low stake grinder until my day comes.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:35 AM

Its not about disrespect, its about being annoyed at threads that are just glorified bad beats. You should really post this in BBV forum or low content. No one is saying this to you because you play low stakes or lack experience its because you post in the wrong place just because you want to vent you're anger at some fishs play.

Regarding the hand you put your opponent on a draw made him pay the most to draw but he sucked out, big deal. If you make that play a 100 times you win money, tell yourself that and move on.

Should you call with more open enders, well it depends on your pot odds and the opponent, villain here may have thought that he had 3 king outs as well making him a 42% dog and thought that was enough to gamble. Its not great to call your stack off with a draw but if u are getting the correct odds then it is a +ev so go for it.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:12 PM

Ok thank you man, I didnt know about the BBV forum, I hardly ever go onto any other sections on this site but the "HEADS UP" section. I'll do this in the near future.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:15 PM

All beats go in the LC Thread plz.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:48 PM

Meh, every new player accidentally does this. Lesson learned?

I can't believe I bumped my post count like this.