Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-14-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Raider Game Trip Report

I was in the nosebleed section of Arrowhead many years ago and there was lots of taunting between the Broncos and Chiefs fans. All of a sudden two security guys rush up the aisle and we turn around to see a Raiders fan in full garb fighting two dudes, one a Chiefs fan and you guessed it, the other a Broncos fan.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG that picture is funny on so many levels

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I just find it totally awesome for so many reasons. I freaked out when I saw this chick, like, O....M....G.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There was a scrawny white guy who for whatever reason thought it would be a good idea to wear a Jake Plummer Broncos jersey and sit in the middle of a swarm of Raiders fans. He got his ass kicked and a few minutes later showed up a couple of sections to our left, and got his ass kicked there as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking as a scrawny white guy, would it be a bad idea for me to wear a Colts T-shirt to the game that's coming up in a few weeks? I've gone to a lot of road games in a lot of different cities before, and I've never experienced anything worse than getting talked [censored] to and having empty bottles thrown at me.

Also, does it matter what section I sit in? I'd be willing to buy a more expensive ticket if that would decrease the chances of ass-kickery.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:49 PM

The entire stadium on the club box side as well as the end zones stood all game long. I recommend sitting in an area in the upper circle opposite the club box side that actually sits.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking as a scrawny white guy, would it be a bad idea for me to wear a Colts T-shirt to the game that's coming up in a few weeks?

[/ QUOTE ]

I also went to this Raiders game; I'm a big Bears fan and I was going to wear my Payton jersey but the people who scored the tickets told me to put it away--they said there was a good chance we'd all get f'd with and they didn't want the stress.

The game (and especially the tailgate) ended up being a great time and in hindsight, wearing the jersey would have been totally fine. Although obviously Raiders fans can be a tough crowd and some people do indeed get f'd with, there were people wearing Bears jerseys all over the place. I mean, I saw someone in a Bears Cade McNown jersey (not McCown), and if that guy didn't get raped and beheaded by both Raiders and Bears fans alike, then as long as you don't act like an idiot you'll be OK too.

ok the picture is an embarrassment of riches but I've gotta go with the girdle of skulls.