Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 10-19-2007, 08:34 AM

Default What is the official policy on rip-offs?

A PM I got today from michelz:

hello sir,

i got ripped of by j4lvlie. The deal was 224 on AP what i will send him and he will send me 205 on Stars, this was yesterday, the transfer was accepted by AP 3 hours later, he was already off by then. Now i saw him twice online this day and i sended him several messages wich he wont replyd.

Can u help me in some kind of way?

I told him a public warning in BBV might be the best route. I know there was a thread on this stuff before but when I searched for "ripped" in mod forum I got nothin. So I'm not sure what the official policy is. I sent j4lvlie a PM asking for a response.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:57 AM

Default Re: What is the official policy on rip-offs?

The official policy is that Twoplustwo will/can not become involved. Refer him to the OP of the p2p transfers thread in Internet Gambling.

In fact, I take it upon myself to ban alleged scammers as being "Undesirable" as long as my personal investigations, (information received and IP checks), lead me to believe absolutely that the person involved is a "professional" scammer who, I believe, has scammed before. If it's a first scam, and I don't think the evidence I gather is enough for me to make a fully informed, (but, admittedly, subjective), judgement I add the name to an "alleged scammers list" I keep updated within the p2p thread.

In this particular case, I have also received the same PM and I have advised him to post full details in the p2p thread, as I already had the guy on the alleged scammers list, and this will be enough for me to pull the trigger to stop him (allegedly) scamming others, using this name. (I already believe he is the alleged serial scammer englandpl20, d3gener4te, mrpokerhimself, niceh4nd, whyamisohawt, so he will be back; but at least any sane person should not p2p transfer large sums with a new poster, if they read the p2p thread OP.)

The thread itself serves a very useful purpose for the honest and sensible people needing transfers.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:59 AM

I received the same message and will delete it now without a response to OP.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:06 AM

Incidentally, I also advise them to contact the pokersite immediately, and give them advice on what to say.

On occasion, they get their money back. Sometimes the scammer loses his account/s. Sometimes the site puts a stop on any further p2p transfers into the scammer's account.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I received the same message and will delete it now without a response to OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

i received it as well.

i did respond.

i told him/her i wasn't familiar with the poster and that this is the risk that is taken when one enters into these types of transactions. i wished 'em good luck and if i found anything out i would let them know.

seems wierd to randomly pm various mods of various forums about this; maybe not.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:32 PM

Honestly guys, j4lvlie should have been banned already - he goes and bumps the top 20 threads in the high stakes limit and NL forums with 3 or 4 word useless responses (under the pretense of giving advice) so that he boosts his post count and his name will be a bit memorable to someone in those forums. I'm not at all surprised he then used that newfound reputation as a high stakes poster to scam someone.

-DeathDonkey