Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Default freeroll question

This is not a thinly veiled brag, I swear.

So I played in a tourney series on Full Tilt where the top 16 and the second 16 overall were entered into a freeroll.

One of the players who made the top 16 is arguing that instead of loading in the top 16 players automagically, that the top 16 should opt to play in the freeroll. (The prize is FTPoints, not money, so shush about MGR shizz.) For some reason, despite the standings saying otherwise, he expects about 6 players to just not be there.

I argue the other way, partially because I'm in the second 16, which is made up of players who were less diligent about participating (I started late - didn't know about it, and missed a week). But I say I would prefer that all 16 players be loaded in automagically, rather than players opting in.

He argues that becaause the prize is set and the number of players doesn't affect it, that there's no advantage to having the players who are not actively playing loaded in.

Who's right?
Old 09-27-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: freeroll question

[ QUOTE ]
One of the players who made the top 16 is arguing that instead of loading in the top 16 players automagically, that the top 16 should opt to play in the freeroll. (The prize is FTPoints, not money, so shush about MGR shizz.) For some reason, despite the standings saying otherwise, he expects about 6 players to just not be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy sounds way to serious.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:42 PM

I'm not sure there is an answer to who is RIGHT. Rather, it's a question of which way is more efficient. For the players, it's more efficient to have players have to opt in and only play it out against players who will show up, or have absent players removed after the first 10 minutes. For Full Tilt, it's more efficient (less programming effort) to "automagically" register everyone and let it run without further interference.

The other way to look at this question is which way is BETTER for you. If you are better than the average player in this freeroll at playing short-handed deep stack, or are more willing to steal blinds early, then automatic registering is +EV for you. If you think others will jump on the absent blinds more than you or short-handed deep-stack play makes you uncomfortable, then the requirement of opting in would be more +EV.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:03 PM

It also depends on where you get seated at a table with 4 missing players.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The other way to look at this question is which way is BETTER for you. If you are better than the average player in this freeroll at playing short-handed deep stack, or are more willing to steal blinds early, then automatic registering is +EV for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly where I'm coming from.