Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT

Old 09-22-2007, 01:51 AM

Default Re: EPT Barcelona, Bluffing and Catching bluffs

I think they are all ok except for 4,6, and 7 which I dislike. 4, I guess is alright if you are VERY VERY confident in your live read otherwise I think it stinks. 6 and 7 I hate because of the opponent and I agree with Jeff that 7 stinks way more then 6, and I also think these two stink bad with the description of the opponent in the OP and stink even worse knowing the actual opponent. I think 3 and 8 are the best/most likely to work, I espcially like 3 b/c of the dynamic that you described and I have found the exact same thing in live tournies that you can pretty much get away with murder against these guys you strike up a friendship with, but it'd probably be a pretty good spot to 2-barrel anyways against the villain you described. 8 seems good and semi-standard.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:13 PM

Guess it's results time.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1.

Early on in day 1, 2 to my left is TerrorOfSweden, aka TheTerrorist, aka Mohhamed Kouseri or some [censored] like that. In the first 2 levels he was playing batshit insane, like 90% vpip, never folded to rr preflop, overall just absolutely insane, calling most cbets.

Stacks are roughly 25k effectiveI raise K8ss to 450 at 75/150 in mp, ToS calls, bb calls. Flop is 467r, check, I bet 900, ToS calls. turn is a 4x. I check, he bets 1500 and I make it 4500.

[/ QUOTE ]

He folded.

Kinda hard to explain the dynamic the two of us had on day 1. We both were constantly fighting over all the dead money at the table, constantly playing back and forth at eachother. His flop range was just so huge I thought I could push him off his hand here.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2.
I raise 64hh at 100/200 from the button to 600, ToS calls.

Flop comes Aj4 w/ 2 spades, he checks calls 800. Turn is a low spade, check check. River is a K of spades, he checks I bet 2k.

[/ QUOTE ]

He tanked and then folded.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3. 200/400 blinds w/ a 50 ante. I might be chip leader at this pt w/ like 70k. Guy to my left is a real nice Romanian dude, who was real bad at poker. Seemed to play real tight in all the wrong spots, and real loose in all the wrong spots. We had been chatting it up and he really seemed to think i was awesome. Overall he has shown himself to be aggro when in the pot if he had top pair or better, and real passive w/ bluff catching hands.

I raise the button w/ 92o to 1200, he flats in the sb ( he has like 35k).

Flop AJ2 w/ 2 of some suit, he checks I bet 2000 he calls.

turn is a brick, 6 or something, he checks I bet 6000.

[/ QUOTE ]

He folded and said "nice bet my friend, nice bet!!!!" Later told me he had qj, i told him I had AK.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 4.
New table, I am chip leader of the tournament at 300/600, w/ like 90k. 4-5 limpers I check w/ J5o in the bb.

Flop comes KJ7 w/ 2 spades. checked to aggro /active guy who looks around at everyone, appearing to gauge their interest in the pot, and he fires out like 2500 (he was CO iirc). button folds, I call, rest fold.

Turn is a 8 of spades, I do not have a spade. I check, he looks at me for prob 5 seconds, looks at the board, checks his stack and pulls out 7k, I call?

[/ QUOTE ]

River was the Qx, I checked, he TANKED and finally checked behind, I said I have a jack, he looked real surprised and mucked when I flipped my cards. I don't think this was a good one to post. Obv in a vacuum its garbage, but given the physical tells and the prev hands i saw it seemed good at the time.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 5. I raise 33 utg to 1800, folds to bb who calls. Flop is 47T w/ 2 spades. He check calls 3k.

Turn 4x. ck ck. river Kx. He quickly pulls out 6k and slides it into the middle. I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

He had QsJs I won.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 6. First hand of day 2, I raise emp 8 handed to 2500 at 400/800 w/ a6ss. (I had 105k) Folds to sb-- young aggro danish online pro (who i didnt know at first) looks at me, looks at my stack looks at his stack, then finally looks at his cards, and instantly cuts out 7500 and sticks it in hte middle, he has ~23k after the 7500.

I shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain snapped w/ KK. I flopped an A he rivered a K.

In retrospect vs this villain this move is dreadfully awful. I think vs a lot of ppl itd be marginally ok. This was the first and only time all tournament that I was really confident in a physical tell and was wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 7.
Same villain as before, I raise 66 ep to 3600 at 600/1200, mp calls, villain calls in sb.

Flop 24K w/ 2 diamonds. He checks, I bet 10k, mp folds, bb calls. Turn 4x, he checks I check. River T of diamonds. He checks after 7 secs or so, I put him all in for 45k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain thought for upwards of 5 minutes, and finally called w/ KsTs, for top 2.

I think this was close, but prob a mistake vs this specific guy w/ my image. Also, betting 31k or something might have been better, though checking is prob best.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 8. Very active swedish dude is to my left. At some pt a baller swedish dude who is friends w/ lodden came over to tell us how awesome swedish dude at my table was, and how he was like the next coming of euroLagtard #393.

I open raise A5o in the CO to 6000 at 1k2k, he calls on the button (he has 3bet me several times, and once 4bet me when i limp raised from the sb--i folded every time).

flop is A63r. I bet 10k, he makes it 28k leaving himself 18k or so more. I put him in for the rest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain had 66.

I think this is a real weird one, still not sure either way.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:20 PM

You want to fold aces to a Swede in a reraised pot?

Oh its not reraised. Still think its standard.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You want to fold aces to a Swede in a reraised pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

what