Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing

Old 08-03-2007, 01:41 PM

Default Small Cap Financials?

I've been looking at various small cap funds and they all seem to have a huge exposure to "financials" but I'm having trouble figuring out what these companies are. The funds will list top 10 or 50 holdings but that doesn't give me an idea really of what this sector is.

Any ideas?
Old 08-03-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Small Cap Financials?

[ QUOTE ]
I've been looking at various small cap funds and they all seem to have a huge exposure to "financials" but I'm having trouble figuring out what these companies are. The funds will list top 10 or 50 holdings but that doesn't give me an idea really of what this sector is.

Any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Index fund?

Seriously, I'm not sure why you are trying to determine this. if you want to own a mutual fund, index funds are the safest choice. If you choose an actively managed fund, you are subject to the discretion of the fund manager. Whatever they report will be stale soon and they can be buying/selling almost anything going forward. You need to choose a fund by it's manager, the managers philosophy and their track record, and after that, trust in their judgement.

Or maybe you aren't looking to buy one and you need this info for other reasons?