Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2006, 09:57 AM

Default No Harm, No Foul

So last Friday evening, my step-daughter, who's 25, invites me to a friends house to play in a $20 NL home tournament. I figure, what the heck. should be fun. (18 people, 3 tables)

About an hour into the thing she gets moved to my table, and to make a long story short, I checkraise her and 2 others and ultimately bust her and cripple one other guy.

After she gets up I'm listening to some commotion at another table when guy I cripple says "Why'd you bust out the girl..." but I miss the last of what he says because the rest of the room is too loud.

Any way, I turn back to the table and 2 other guys look like they've just seen a ghost and the table is so quiet you can hear breathing. I look at one of the shocked looking guys who says to the guy who made the comment "Uh, you know, she's his step-daughter." Well, now the guy who made the comment I didn't hear looks like he's about to need a diaper change and starts babbling "oh, man, I'm really really sorry" etc.

I try to pass it off with a "don't worry about it" but he keeps begging forgiveness. I finally say, "listen, I actually didn't hear exactly what you said, so it's sort of like you never said it. No harm, no foul." (After all, I'm a guy too, and I've made my share of boneheaded comments in my life.)

Anyway, I finish 3rd, but the host is out driving someone home, and this guy pulls out his money and pays me my winnings so I don't have to wait around.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:03 AM

Default Re: No Harm, No Foul

awesome.

someone who can behave like an adult. congratulations!

(i'm genuinely not being sarcastic here)
Old 02-13-2006, 10:07 AM

Default Re: No Harm, No Foul

Agreed. Nice to see something nicely done for a change.