Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 10-27-2006, 04:09 PM

Default Re: A Subject that hasnt been discussed.

[ QUOTE ]
seeing this hand played out in a sit and go at the end as the blinds are escalating wouldn't surprise me lol

[/ QUOTE ]

thats the thing.

Hall got so good that he had to revert to beginners style to switch it up against the slightly less skilled experts
Old 10-27-2006, 04:11 PM

to add to that, once that hand is played out, i'd obviously have to lead with some other types of hands some of the time to balance things, but still, i don't think i would EVER bet/fold anything with SD value, i'd c/c if anything or bet/call
Old 10-28-2006, 05:46 PM

Hey KRANTZ,

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think you should be leading into a preflop reraiser with ~normal sized stacks if you don't think your hand is best. so it would usually be to induce a raise, probably because the line is so strange and not taken often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's what you wrote. This is very different from this:

[ QUOTE ]
cero, i mean that i wouldnt lead unless i had a hand with no showdown value at all (as a total bluff), or with a hand that i'm going to bet/fold - i'm leading because i think he's either flat out folding to my bet when i have air, or because he will bluff-raise all-in enough of the time for it to be a better line than c/ring (most notably because when c/ring, he will likely only call with a better hand on this board)

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is not to nail you here, K, but to clarify my thoughts. Your 2nd statement is more in line with what I was saying.

[ QUOTE ]
and if you're meaning that we're leading because Bld might just flat out fold a better TP hand or small overpair some of the time (again, i don't think this is what you mean), then i just totally disagree with that

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I was talking generally about donking the flop. So, if we establish some credibility, then we will get some folds when we both miss the flop, or when he hits it very weakly and decides to give up, etc.

[ QUOTE ]
bld is a very strong, aggro player, so there are ways of getting him AI that might not apply to ABC, weaker players

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, which is why I like Hall's postflop line in this hand (not digging the pf call, though).
Old 10-28-2006, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, I was talking generally about donking the flop. So, if we establish some credibility, then we will get some folds when we both miss the flop, or when he hits it very weakly and decides to give up, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where Shania comes in. Most players whether tighter or laggier generate an image that results in either more calls or more folds in a lot of situations. Whereas the image to strive for in NL is one where one's opponents don't know what to do most of the time while you are able to read them well.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:49 PM

cero, duck, you are absolutely correct. my mistake in my previous post: not sure what I was thinking ... was donk analysis on my part.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:20 PM

yah i def misworded what i meant to say originally
Old 10-28-2006, 10:40 PM

The pot and stack sizes are such that the players have 2 PSB's left. This makes it better to c/r allin mostly with monsters and semibluffs and lead out with mostly pure bluffs you plan to fold and mediocre made hands you plan to call. Like in this hand his pair of 9's is too good and the pot too big to fold so he's getting stacked any time he's behind, but he's much more likely to get it in ahead by bet/calling than c/r'ing (I'm assuming that the game was playing such that this is the case, but that seems reasonable).