Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2006, 11:10 PM

Default Re: The Safety of Our Funds

Enron. Worldcom. Publically traded companies steal and go bust fairly often, actually. Don't kid yourself that there is no risk.

[ QUOTE ]
So you think a company with 3 million customers, that transferred over 7 BILLION DOLLARS last year, that is publically traded on the London Stock Exchange, is just gonna decide to pocket your bankroll. Just think about that for a minute.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-06-2006, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Enron. Worldcom.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are cases of defrauding shareholders, not of disappearing with customers' money.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Enron. Worldcom. Publically traded companies steal and go bust fairly often, actually. Don't kid yourself that there is no risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's 2 of how many publically traded companies? Also, they misled investors, none of them stole from their customers. Anyway, I wouldn't say no risk, as using words like never is dumb. However, I feel like my money in Neteller is as safe as my BoA accounts or my Schwab investment accounts, and I have never read/seen/experienced anything that would make me feel otherwise.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The immediate concern for me is that either a site and/or Neteller will suddenly refuse to allow me to withdraw my funds in the name of the new legislation. For me to have sufficient lattitude regarding my number of tables and sometimes number of sites, I typically need at least 500 big bets total in the sites and Neteller combined and often as high as 1000 big bets. Although I realize that it is extremely unlikely that this money would be "stolen" from me, such an event would be catastrophic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is exactly the type of concern that led to this whole exercise about gambling. The "sites" are not regulated or licensed and only have an unlawful presence in most if not all of the States, leaving you little or no recourse that I know of when something goes wrong. Not saying there is much risk but we don't know tomorrow's news.