Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2006, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Pushing too hard with nothing but hopes?

[ QUOTE ]
H1:[ QUOTE ]
whether my opponents call or fold, I'm not going to be too sad about it. SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you care? Don't you want to have more potential payoff if you improve? I don't see how knocking anyone else out helps your winning chances substantially unless it cleans up Queen outs. With a 6 kicker thats a bit shaky anyway. Is it worth knocking players out for that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I am trying to build a pot with the bet/three-bet, but I am not going to spend a lot of time crying if they fold and leave me playing against the button, who could very well be raising a straight or flush draw.

SpaceAce
Old 07-24-2006, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't push your edges here on these flops, poker would cease to be any fun in my opinion. When you know you have 12+ outs multi-way on the flop, I always go nuts (even OOP) - the only time I wouldn't is if I was taking a shot underrolled.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will admit that hands like #1 are fun for me. I love to see chips going into the pot when I feel I have a right to a big piece of it.

SpaceAce
Old 07-24-2006, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't like your raise in the first hand, I call the first hand. Dont want to eliminate opponents in tis situation, it's likely you will. Yes you have a huge equity edge, but theres not that much indication you're getting multiple opponents along for the ride if you 3-bet, and heads up you're equity edge isn't that enormous.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record, these were loose fishy opponents. I would have been shocked if both players in between folded. I expected both to call.

[ QUOTE ]
Second hand is played perfectly, defintily bet the turn you have sooo many outs.. hell you could be ahead right now. You're not even that disapointed if he check-raises you. You'll likely get two bets out of him on the river then if your draw hits..

[/ QUOTE ]

I reasoned in a similar manner and I did bet the turn. When the pre-flop raiser called that, I didn't think I was likely to have the best hand but I probably would have led a blank river if it ended up being just me and the pre-flop raiser.

SpaceAce
Old 07-24-2006, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

For the record, these were loose fishy opponents. I would have been shocked if both players in between folded. I expected both to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then, that changes everything...
The avg LAP peels flops for one bets but generally folds to 2-bets without a somewhat decent hand.
If your opponets are so loose that they also cold call a lot of flops when it is two bets to them Then yeah 3-betting is perfect [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

To anyone with top/over pair or even two pair a scary turn card on this board will freeze them wheter you get agressive on the flop or not, so theres not much future money involved by being quiet until your card hits.