Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2006, 03:46 AM

Default Re: Klinsmann steps down

[ QUOTE ]
just a question: why on earth do you guys think he'll be a good coach for the US?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same question.

You know, he was one of our most successful WC players ever. Our young guys respect him and look up to him. Somehow, I do not think this would be the case for US players.

OTH, contrary to his looks, he is a tough cookie. That's maybe what the US Boys need.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:32 AM

I personally think he's too inexperienced to guide a team like the US, which has a ton of young players with potential but who also lacks experience at the highest level. I wouldn't be too happy about having him in my national team.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:42 AM

I think one of the arguments for him is that he plays an attacking, aggressive style that might attract more support in the US (which is what they need in the long-run). He is also more telegenic, which counts for alot in this media driven world.

IMO, the US needs to build the foundation more than the slight differences in team performance a coach would make. Yeah, I just don't see the VORP of a coach being that high in this sport despite the coverage they get.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just don't see the VORP of a coach being that high in this sport despite the coverage they get.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jose Mourinho took a mediocre (by european standards) team and in two years won: Portuguese League both years, the portuguese cup, the UEFA cup and the Champions League. Not only that but he turned an entire team of unknowns into respected players in europe and starters in the national team.
Believe me, a coach matters a lot
Old 07-12-2006, 06:29 AM

Löw takes over now. Hopefully he continues this style of training, with all the fitnesscoaches staying with the german team.