Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2006, 12:40 AM

Default Re: When should I give up?

[ QUOTE ]
Looking at his c/r percentage is silly. That's one of those stats that tells you a lot about nothing and you shouldn't ever look at. Does he check-raise a lot with strong holdings? Does he semi-bluff a lot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree entirely that turn CR percentage tells you nothing. It may not tell you as much as a comprehensive set of reads, but without that luxury it is certainly informative. It is also directly relevant to my question in that a chronic turn checkraiser is not only likely to CR the turn with draws and air, but his flop call is also more likely to be a made hand than is one from an opponent with a lower CR number.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:43 AM

Calling it useless is overstating the point obviously, but looking at this stat is like looking at WTSD: it only tells you something if it's really extreme. Getting called isn't as bad as being c/red, but is still a horrible result for a bet here as well.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:22 AM

If you're playing in aggro games like 10/20 6max or higher I would check. You're getting checkraised there a ton (possibly more than half the time) and have little FE in my opinion. I would bet against a passive opponent with a low WTSD. Against all others I check. You can't call a raise but will often have 6 outs so I prefer to see the river here and not get pushed off a 6 outer. If he checks to you on the river, consider betting.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling it useless is overstating the point obviously, but looking at this stat is like looking at WTSD: it only tells you something if it's really extreme. Getting called isn't as bad as being c/red, but is still a horrible result for a bet here as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bryce if that's you in the new avatar, I'm truly stunned such a handsome player would ever have run as badly as you have.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:39 AM

That article is incredible.