Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 02:33 AM

Default What\'s the deal with Ring of Honor and Rob Feinstein

As a big wrestling fan, I'm always on the look out to watch good wrestling shows. I've been a little tired of WWE and TNA was cool until Russo showed up. But I keep hearing about how great ROH is. How the matches are great and the shows are great.. etc.

The problem is I refuse to support this group in ANY WAY as long as Rob Feinstein is involved. I have never watched a match, show and paid any $$$ for anything related to ROH due to this.

For those unaware, Feinstein was the founder of ROH and the old RF video. A few years back he was busted on one of those televised child molestor stings that watchdog groups run. He showed up to some house thinking he was having sex with a 12 year old boy. After word got out, a bunch of guys quit and Feinstein alledgedly resigned and sold his interest in ROH and RF video. But I've heard many times that this isn't true he has just been more a "silent" partner. Does anyone have any info on this?
Old 01-30-2007, 03:24 AM

Default Re: What\'s the deal with Ring of Honor and Rob Feinstein

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Feinstein fwiw

Also, torrents.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:41 PM

I already checked that. Not very clear though.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:24 PM

okay, you do have the basic jist of it from when it happened almost 4 years ago. Yes, for a while that douche was a silent partner with Gabe Sapolsky as they were still very close friends at the time. He was even still distributing RoH tapes on his site for about 3-4 months after he got caught. What really though put the split into full force though was both of their vision of what RoH would/should be. Feinstien wanted to keep them as a glorified indy that only ran in the northeast. Sapolsky wanted to create something like a new ECW that would mainly concentrate on the north, but also have a feeder Fed in the south(what turned into FIP). Sapolsky also encouraged PWG out in california to happen so that a quasi regional group of major independants would happen in the US that would provide an alternative to WWE and Russo TNA. I'm not sure what Feinstien's role is today, but knowing how much of a slimeball he is, he'll probably figure a way to worm himself back in some way some how since JAPW failed to get bigger after he supported them with RFvideo the major split from RoH and Sapolsky. Hope that's what you're looking for, as the only people who know what's really going on are those that are on the full inside of it