Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Borgata midnite tourney

Played in the tourney Monday night. I was the 40th person to register by 11pm. At the 11:30 start, 7 tables were playing 8/9-handed. A few late-comers joined and I estimated about 65 players in the tourney. IMO...The chip/blind structure definitely sounded more appealing on paper. It appeared that there was less than a full orbit of hands dealt per blind level. My table was pretty tight so I would imagine even less hands being dealt if play was looser. I would definitely take on a turbo-style approach the next time I'm in of these. Antes kicking in pretty early greatly affects play.

Off the topic...there were a couple of incidents which required a floor person's attention and each time they handled the situation extremely well. Kudos to the Borgata crew!

(BTW...I busted out by the 300/600/100 level. Pretty much ran very cold and picked up only two small pots. However, I did earlier win $140 during an hour of 1/2NL'ing doing exactly as stated in my earlier post. I paid for my friend's entry fee so we both were freerolling the tourney.)
Old 10-02-2007, 09:59 PM

Thanks for the report/information KidFresh. Yeah, unless you have a good table and dealer, I think it is tough to get a full orbit in less then 20 minutes.

-----

I got really bored this evening, so I did a quick analysis of the structure of both tournaments. I assumed 1) 2 minutes for each hand/20 minutes for a full orbit. 2)did not account for any winnings, only accounted for blinds/antes similar to if you never played a hand or were blinded off.

For the Borgata tournament, you would last a little into Level 9, approxmately 2 hours, 10 minutes.

For the Taj tournament, you would last through level 11, 2 hours, 12 minutes.

For those interested in Showboat, you would last through level 8, 2 hours, 40 minutes.

I know this is not "scientific" but I thought it was a good way to compare the structures.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:53 PM

Mr.AC...interesting analysis! Something I could've never had thought of or am capable of doing myself. Will try the Showboat tourney the next time I'm down there. Cozy, small room and comfy chairs they have there. I try to avoid the Taj like a plague...literally. Filthy degenerates all around and colored clumps of dirt used for what they call chips.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:20 AM

maybe not "scientific" but a valid comparison imo.