Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2007, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Tough Hold \'em Games Update

Hi bear:

We have shipped books to Borders so they should start to appear within a few days depending on the store locarion. But for Borders we actually ship to their warehouses, and then from there they are sent to the stores. So the book is coming.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 04-11-2007, 12:57 PM

I ordered from Amazon on April 6, and within the last few hours they changed the expected ship date from May to "shipping soon" with an expected delivery date of Friday the 13th (overnight shipping).
Old 04-11-2007, 06:37 PM

Did anyone that ordered from Amazon.ca get an update on their delivery estimate? I ordered this and Mathematics of Poker and mine still says May 8th to 10th.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:47 PM

April 11th, amazon.com just notified me that they shipped WTHEG today.

It'll take around 6 days to get to NY state so I'm guessing it's coming from a western amazon warehouse, obviously.

So that's a nine day lag from the first shipping date of April 3rd that Mason mentioned.

Amazon.ca still says it usually ships within 4-6 weeks.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody know how long it takes a book like this to show up on online poker sites frequent player stores?

I'm looking forward to the book, but I'm only a hobby player, I'm cheap and I have tons of points on stars and FT to use so I'm curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I contacted Stars about this, they said it could take a few months, but if there was a big demand for it, this would be considerably speeded up. I would suggest you and others should drop then a line suggesting they get the book into their fpp store as soon as possible. You can contact them at this addy.

fppstore@pokerstars.com
Old 04-18-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi bear:

We have shipped books to Borders so they should start to appear within a few days depending on the store locarion. But for Borders we actually ship to their warehouses, and then from there they are sent to the stores. So the book is coming.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been patient, and obviously there's nothing anyone at 2+2 can do, but it's been 8 days since Mason made the above post and roughly 18 days since the actual publication of the book. And yet, BORDERS STILL DOESN'T KNOW WHEN THE BOOK WILL ARRIVE!!! Goddamn it all.

So Mason can you tell them to get their act together or something? I want to support my favorite poker publisher, but Borders won't allow it because they can't seem to get the books from their warehouse to my store in San Diego. I mean come on.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:37 PM

agoldenbear - The Borders closest to me (in Brea, CA) has two copies of the book. However, other Borders stores in Orange County still do not have it. You can search the inventories of any Borders in the country by going to http://www.bordersstores.com/index.jsp

In summary, some Borders have it already and some do not.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:53 PM

thanks boz. i guess it's just a matter of a few more days if other CA stores already have it.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:38 PM

Man, I'm in Australia and I already have my copy! Got it through Amazon.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:51 PM

adman, you really know how to irk a guy.

i'll bet that if you read it at your leisure, finished it, then wrapped it in cellophane and fastened it to an aquatic dingo and instructed him to dog-paddle to san diego i'd get it faster than through f*ing Borders.