Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 09:52 AM

Default $25NL Nut flush draw vs action

Preflop I think this was fine to raise. On the flop I figured I was 3:1 to call, and if one or more of the others called then odds would be correct to call, but then one guy raised and now I'm getting around 6:1 to call. So this hand just seemed to get out of control and commit me at every turn. Did I play it terribly? One guy called me a flush chaser, I thought I played it right, and of course I kept my mouth shut. Please comments on all streets.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG+1 ($4.25)
MP1 ($14.50)
Hero ($39.60)
MP3 ($24.15)
CO ($15)
Button ($63.05)
SB ($27.55)
BB ($18.50)
UTG ($12.55)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) calls $1.50, Button calls $1.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1.50, UTG folds.

Flop: ($7.35) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $2</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $6.25</font>, Hero calls $6.25, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $13.25</font>, Button folds, BB calls $7, Hero calls $7.

Turn: ($49.10) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.75</font>, BB calls $3.50 (All-In).

River: ($56.10) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $56.35
Old 10-12-2007, 09:56 AM

Default Re: $25NL Nut flush draw vs action

Were you chasing a flush? Yes.
Were you getting odds to chase that flush? Hell yes.

You had a draw to the nut flush with a million people in the pot and got odds to call each time. NH [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2007, 09:58 AM

thanks, and happy b-day
Old 10-12-2007, 10:12 AM

You played the hand for what reason?
Make the flush, hit a good flop, etc., etc.

You made the flush and had odds to draw. 'Nuff said.

If you miss, reload and take the odds again.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:39 AM

Agree with above poster about odds, on flop and later, but it's pre-flop fold for me (I'm kinda tight pre-flop).

But if you are already there I think it would be OK to shove flop also.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:59 AM

Played fine IMO, especially postflop. You had a ton of equity so calling was the right play both times.

Preflop probably could have been played any way, fold, call, raise, depends on the conditions of the table. I find most 25NL tables are loose-passive, so I probably would have limped behind and hope to flop good multi-way as you did.

But it's hard to fault a raise too as you will most often miss and when you do you can take it down with a CB quite alot if you can get heads up with a raise PF.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Played fine IMO, especially postflop. You had a ton of equity so calling was the right play both times.

Preflop probably could have been played any way, fold, call, raise, depends on the conditions of the table. I find most 25NL tables are loose-passive, so I probably would have limped behind and hope to flop good multi-way as you did.

But it's hard to fault a raise too as you will most often miss and when you do you can take it down with a CB quite alot if you can get heads up with a raise PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

4 opponents on flop, I don't like to c-bet into that. 1 yes, 2 most likely, 3+ rarely
Old 10-12-2007, 12:41 PM

"But it's hard to fault a raise too, as you will miss most often and when you do, you can take it down with a CB quite alot if you can get heads up with a raise PF. Since you didn't get heads-up here, not cbetting was correct. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

4 opponents on flop, I don't like to c-bet into that. 1 yes, 2 most likely, 3+ rarely

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so wild about raising weak suited A's in EP. But, since you did, play it like you mean it. You have a ton of hand with the best draw. Bet that flop. If someone raises you, shove it in.

You also want to build a pot so that a second best flush draw has to call off a nice big bet, not a tiny little one.

You ended up in a place where you were sort of priced into calling a couple of bets, but really, you ended up getting all your money in with no additional implied odds to speak off. The CO probably had a set, I would guess. So, you were likely a 3-1 dog in the hand and really just getting a break even price on the money you put in. That's probably not so great and you really didn't make use of all the advantages your hand afforded you on the flop.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so wild about raising weak suited A's in EP. But, since you did, play it like you mean it. You have a ton of hand with the best draw. Bet that flop. If someone raises you, shove it in.

You also want to build a pot so that a second best flush draw has to call off a nice big bet, not a tiny little one.

You ended up in a place where you were sort of priced into calling a couple of bets, but really, you ended up getting all your money in with no additional implied odds to speak off. The CO probably had a set , I would guess. So, you were likely a 3-1 dog in the hand and really just getting a break even price on the money you put in. That's probably not so great and you really didn't make use of all the advantages your hand afforded you on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice read. At the time I was not even thinking about what they had, just about my odds. I think you helped me find my 2nd leak today and that I don't put people on hands enough. I think I only tend to do this if I have a made hand and I'm getting resistence. Thanks for the feedback.