Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-10-2007, 04:18 AM
Post-Oak Post-Oak is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 899
Default Miami to NOT go 0-16 prop

You can bet on Miami to NOT go 0-16 on 5Dimes at -700. I think this prop is massively EV.

Here's Miami's schedule. The lines for the first 3 games are already available. For all of the other lines, I have put my estimated lines in paranthesis. I have shaded the estimated lines against Miami in order to be conservative in my estimates. I actually think they should fare much better against NYJ (they should be favored), Bal (still over rated by the linesmakers) and Cin, but I want to err on the side of caution.

Buf +3
at Phi +9
at Pit +17
NYJ (0)
at Buf (+9)
Bal (+3)
at NE (+24)
Cin (+4)

Now let's put a conservative chance of winning to go along with those spreads.

Buf +3 42% (58% chance to lose)
at Phi +9 19% (81%)
at Pit +17 6% (94%)
NYJ (0) 50% (50%)
at Buf (+9) 19% (81%)
Bal (+3) 42% (58%)
at NE (+24) 2% (98%)
Cin (+4) 34% (66%)

This would give them only a 6.7% chance of losing every game.

Let's use more conservative numbers:

Buf +3 40% (60% chance to lose)
at Phi +9 17% (83%)
at Pit +17 5% (95%)
NYJ (+3) 40% (60%)
at Buf (+9) 17% (83%)
Bal (+3) 38% (62%)
at NE (+24) 2% (98%)
Cin (+6) 30% (70%)

Now we come up with 10.0% (90% to win the bet). At -700, we need to win 87.5% of the time. I think this bet will be a winner greater than 90% of the time (more like 94-96% IMO). -700 looks like a great price. The max bet is $1750 to win $250.

I also want to reiterate that I actually think they have a good chance of beating NYJ, Bal or Cin at home. They could be favored by as much as 3 over the Jets, and could easily be pick 'em against Bal or Cin. The estimates I gave are more in line with what I would expect from the linesmakers, and are also meant to be conservative.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-11-2007, 01:39 PM
NajdorfDefense NajdorfDefense is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 8,227
Default Re: Miami to NOT go 0-16 prop

No -525 elsewhere
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-11-2007, 01:48 PM
thing85 thing85 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 100NL but I like uNL too much to leave
Posts: 3,672
Default Re: Miami to NOT go 0-16 prop

[ QUOTE ]
No -488 on WSEX

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-11-2007, 01:52 PM
MicroBob MicroBob is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The cat is back by popular demand.
Posts: 29,344
Default Re: Miami to NOT go 0-16 prop

thing85 - while that probably has okay value also it is a different prop in that it is for NO team to go 0-16....not just Miami.

So you are betting against BOTH MIA and STL in that one.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-11-2007, 01:54 PM
thing85 thing85 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 100NL but I like uNL too much to leave
Posts: 3,672
Default Re: Miami to NOT go 0-16 prop

Oops, my bad. Thanks for pointing that out.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-11-2007, 02:01 PM
NajdorfDefense NajdorfDefense is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 8,227
Default Re: Miami to NOT go 0-16 prop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No -488 on WSEX but I didn't read the prop right

[/ QUOTE ]

FMP.

[/ QUOTE ]
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-11-2007, 02:05 PM
thing85 thing85 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 100NL but I like uNL too much to leave
Posts: 3,672
Default Re: Miami to NOT go 0-16 prop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No -488 on WSEX but I didn't read the prop right because I suck at sports betting

[/ QUOTE ]

FMP.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FMPFYP
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-11-2007, 04:14 PM
thing85 thing85 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 100NL but I like uNL too much to leave
Posts: 3,672
Default Re: Miami to NOT go 0-16 prop

[ QUOTE ]
thing85 - while that probably has okay value also it is a different prop in that it is for NO team to go 0-16....not just Miami.

So you are betting against BOTH MIA and STL in that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interestingly enough, this one may be a winner today...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-11-2007, 05:26 PM
silentbob silentbob is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 894
Default Re: Miami to NOT go 0-16 prop

Sigh. I spent the first half wondering why I didn't bet more of my BR on this, and now I want to fast forward to Week 13.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-28-2007, 05:01 AM
Post-Oak Post-Oak is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 899
Default Re: Miami to NOT go 0-16 prop

[ QUOTE ]
You can bet on Miami to NOT go 0-16 on 5Dimes at -700. I think this prop is massively EV.

Here's Miami's schedule. The lines for the first 3 games are already available. For all of the other lines, I have put my estimated lines in paranthesis. I have shaded the estimated lines against Miami in order to be conservative in my estimates. I actually think they should fare much better against NYJ (they should be favored), Bal (still over rated by the linesmakers) and Cin, but I want to err on the side of caution.

Buf +3
at Phi +9
at Pit +17
NYJ (0)
at Buf (+9)
Bal (+3)
at NE (+24)
Cin (+4)

Now let's put a conservative chance of winning to go along with those spreads.

Buf +3 42% (58% chance to lose)
at Phi +9 19% (81%)
at Pit +17 6% (94%)
NYJ (0) 50% (50%)
at Buf (+9) 19% (81%)
Bal (+3) 42% (58%)
at NE (+24) 2% (98%)
Cin (+4) 34% (66%)

This would give them only a 6.7% chance of losing every game.

Let's use more conservative numbers:

Buf +3 40% (60% chance to lose)
at Phi +9 17% (83%)
at Pit +17 5% (95%)
NYJ (+3) 40% (60%)
at Buf (+9) 17% (83%)
Bal (+3) 38% (62%)
at NE (+24) 2% (98%)
Cin (+6) 30% (70%)

Now we come up with 10.0% (90% to win the bet). At -700, we need to win 87.5% of the time. I think this bet will be a winner greater than 90% of the time (more like 94-96% IMO). -700 looks like a great price. The max bet is $1750 to win $250.

I also want to reiterate that I actually think they have a good chance of beating NYJ, Bal or Cin at home. They could be favored by as much as 3 over the Jets, and could easily be pick 'em against Bal or Cin. The estimates I gave are more in line with what I would expect from the linesmakers, and are also meant to be conservative.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's an update on Miami's chances to win a game [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Lines are available for their next two games. The percentage is the chance they have of losing the game according to the spread.

NYJ -1 -114 47%
@ Buf +5.5 69%

I'll estimate for the other 3 games. These are conservative estimates.

Bal +3.5 64%
at NE 98%
Cin +6 72%

These are overly conservative estimates, and yet we still only get a 14.6% chance of Miami losing out. That's an 85.4% chance to win the bet.

5Dimes has the NO 0-16 team at -525 (was just -456 but I hit it). This means you would have to win at least 84% of the time to break even. Even with these very conservative estimates, the bet is +EV.

These are more like the lines I expect:

Bal +2 54%
at NE 97%
Cin +4 66%

That gives an 88.8% chance to win the bet (11.2% they lose out). Even if you disagree with these lines, there is basically no reasonable way to come up with -525 being negative EV. If it goes back to -456, even better.

If you are higher on Miami on any of these games (for example, you are betting on them this week or you realize how terrible Baltimore is), then this is a definite bet IMO.

Hopefully more sites will put up odds on this prop, since they all seem to do a pretty poor job.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.