Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Live $50NL, OOP w/QQ, facing AI reraise

Weekly Home Game .25/.50 NL texas holdem 9 players.

Button Villian has $42
X
X
UTG $80
UTG+1 $60
MP Hero $61
X
X
CO ($6)

Have played with Villian for almost a year. He is good player, reads me well, is aggressive, and consistent winner at this weekly game. I have been getting better at reading him, and standing up to him. Table sees me as on tilt, and I am a slight bit.

Tonight my standard PF raise has been $2.50 to $3, but I have limped many many a pot tonight. More than usual. There is virtualy no PF $3 raise that does not get one of not two callers.

PREFLOP: Hero is in Middle Position and Dealt QQ.

UTG limps
aggressive UTG+1 limps
1 fold
HERO RAISES to $5
fold to Villian on button
VILLIAN goes all-in for $42 total
All Fold to me and I think ....

I put him on AA, KK, or AK, with a 10% chance of lower PP. I discount the bluff and the more I think about it I discount the lower PP. I discount AA based on my knowledge of him, leaving KK or AK. KK is only 10% likely based on my reads like the AA, that eventually drops to 0% in my mind so I am "positive" it is AK. I have him covered and call.

He turns over: <font color="white"> A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] </font>

Results ... well they don't really matter [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Raise more PF next time? Fold that next time?

There are at least three people for the next while who will clearly remember I agonized over calling with pocket Qs. I believe they will use this knowledge to try and bully me around, thinking if I have trouble calling that situation with QQ, then they can push me off a lot of better hands PF. I significantly up in this game over the last several months, and am thinking of using some of that bankroll to call a lot of check-raises and re-raises from these individuals for a while, and potentially lose some of those earnings, to make they donot get the idea I can be pushed around
[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Hopefully that is true!!
Old 05-11-2007, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Live $50NL, OOP w/QQ, facing AI reraise

Well, you have to call 37 to win 50, or 1:1.35 pot odds.

You chance of winning vs AA,KK,AK is just shy of 40% (39.857%), or about 1.5:1. If that is his range, then I think you should fold since your pot odds don't justify the risk.

Now, in the OP you threw in a lower pocket pair about 10% of the time. That probably makes it a close call, but it is marginal, at best.

I think I'd fold if this is the first time he did it. And I wouldn't show my cards or sweat about it. Just fold, and say, "Nice hand."

On the other hand, if you are getting run over by the same guy, and you stongly suspect he's pushing any ace, any pair, and any suited connector just to mess with you, then this is an insta call.

Your OP comment, below, seems to indicate he's not messing with you light, however. At best, your a coin flip. So, fold this time without the theater.

[ QUOTE ]
He is good player, reads me well, is aggressive, and consistent winner at this weekly game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-13-2007, 12:07 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I don't think he is messing with me light (any Ace so to speak), but he does run over the rest of the table a lot and nails me enough as well.

There are two people at this game that run over me a lot. He is one of them. I believe they will both take my agonizing the QQ, and push me harder the next few weeks. Hence my statement about calling more over the next few weeks.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe they will use this knowledge to try and bully me around, thinking if I have trouble calling that situation with QQ, then they can push me off a lot of better hands PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they think they can push me off of hands better than QQ, then I would really like to see them try.

[ QUOTE ]
I significantly up in this game over the last several months, and am thinking of using some of that bankroll to call a lot of check-raises and re-raises from these individuals for a while, and potentially lose some of those earnings, to make they donot get the idea I can be pushed around

[/ QUOTE ]

My advise would be to let them push you around a bit then hammer them back when you do have it.