Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Why I Hate Missouri -- You Should Too

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, it's a pretty hilarious shirt, if you eliminate all context.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-14-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...to-the-ground/

[/ QUOTE ]
The shirt is funny and the URL is downright hilarious. Like anyone is going to make a connection to burning Lawrence to the ground "because it was founded to make Kansas a free state and abolish slavery in the US" unless it is pointed out to them, including people wearing the shirt. Jayhawk please.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They call players and coaches in the middle of the night all week leading up to games. They also hold up signs with the phone numbers of players, and their girlfriends.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, that reminds me of the time I got ahold of JJ Redick's phone #,called him on a saturday night, and he picked up. Funnnyyyy.

Mizzou fans sound like complete douchebags, why don't more people know about this? Reminds me of the time a bunch of those fa gs from Duke held up baggies filled with powdered sugar, because Juan Dixon's parents were drug addicts who died of AIDS. Completely uncalled for
Old 11-14-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As it is, this is incredibly douchey. Not just for the women and children thing, but also for the South vs. North thing. To me, anything that somehow shows support for the Confederate states is the epitomy of douchebaggery (i.e. hanging a Confederate flag).

[/ QUOTE ]

MUST

RESIST

POLITICS

HIJACK

[/ QUOTE ]
Just take a deep breath PVN, you can do it. It was not easy for me either.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As it is, this is incredibly douchey. Not just for the women and children thing, but also for the South vs. North thing. To me, anything that somehow shows support for the Confederate states is the epitomy of douchebaggery (i.e. hanging a Confederate flag).

[/ QUOTE ]

MUST

RESIST

POLITICS

HIJACK

[/ QUOTE ]
Just take a deep breath PVN, you can do it. It was not easy for me either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Politards are funny, definitely some of the most entertaining people on 2p2
Old 11-14-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, it's a pretty hilarious shirt, if you eliminate all context.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, with no historical consequence this is a funny shirt. I really think the quote on the back puts it way over the top. The front is a pretty edgy joke, while the back seems to step over that line of creating humor to just creating hate. I am not saying that was the intention of these kids when they made these shirts, that's just how it comes across.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The infamous Colorado 5th down? That was against Missouri.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate Colorado for that because it costed GT the championship. Tech finished undefeated, Colorado actually lost three games that year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ga. Tech got a share of the title that year and most people consider them the real champions in 1990 because of the 5th down thing, I know I do.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
everyone time I have driven through it it has been filled w/ hillbilly's and child-beaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

But Kansas is the epitome of culture and class?
Old 11-14-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know much about the KU/Missouri rivalry, but why are is Missouri getting bashed for a few classless fans. Doesn't everyone have those?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but some fan groups are clearly worse than others, think Oakland Raiders.

Missouri has a fan group called the "Antlers." They wear dresses for every game and do goofy dances. They call players and coaches in the middle of the night all week leading up to games. They also hold up signs with the phone numbers of players, and their girlfriends.

So far, not all that bad, other than the dresses. They also come up with chants to taunt Nick Collison about his recently deceased grandfather. They make signs making fun of Roy Williams's deceased mother. There's also that time they were playing the Razorbacks and were at the team hotel as Arkansas was arriving with a pig's head on top of their car. They pull all kinds of tasteless crap over there.

And, don't even get me started on their cokehead former coach, Quinn Snyder. Or how they named their basketball arena after a 20-something girl who never attended their university or did anything of note (besides cheat through college leading Missouri to rename the arena).

Or Ricky Clemons who assaulted and choked a girl for not watching Roots with him, and had frequent conversations with the University president's wife who gave him such advice as "avoid dating white women" and hilariously made famous the phrase "them crackas be shakin" when referring to Mizzou administration.

Basically they've won one Big 12 title in it's 12 year history, women's softball. The short man complex makes for some ugly fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMGZZZZ
Kansas has that BTK serial killer!!
Kansas is the name of a really crappy 70's rock band!!
Their Jayhawk mascot is weird and ugly looking!!!
Their football coach is ridiculously obese!!
Old 11-14-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But Kansas is the epitome of culture and class?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well they didn't make the shirt for one. But on another note, Lawrence is an awesome town--went there on a recruiting trip and was surprised at how great that place is. There are some great places in Kansas, I know some people from Overland Park and that area is "class." We played at Mizzou (ugh) when I was at Neb and I have driven all through that state, it sucks--this isn't to say much of Kansas isn't a dustbowl but there are definitely some great parts to it.