Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2007, 09:57 AM

Default Re: What do you want/where do you want to live when you are retired?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I used to salivate at the idea of retiring early. It is such a "baller" thing to do. Then lately, I realized, why the hell would I want to retire? I would do the same thing as I do now haha.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about time issues?

There just isn't enough time to get everything done if you also have to worry about employment.

[/ QUOTE ]
Time is always going to be an issue no matter what you do.

But I do agree with you that due to employment, most do not have enough time to do things outside their jobs. As a result, they have less time [or energy] to read to improve themselves or expand their knowledge. This is unfortunate because reading is the best activity ever. It's not expensive and the rewards is exponential to the effort/time you put into it.

This is one of the main reasons why I considered myself a very lucky person; I have time to read and actually enjoy reading.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you here. Especially about the part about reading.

I would like to also add that people that complain or make excuses about not having enough time, never learned how to manage their time effectively. There is 168 hours in a week. I'm sure there is enough hours in that 168 to go out and start doing things that you said you didn't have "time" to do before.