Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 07:57 AM

Default Re: wolffund vs. Admo $100K Prop Bet

[ QUOTE ]
It's Wolffund's dickish reaction -- $100k fist fight, yo! -- that makes him the loser on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]
Guess I missed that one.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Admo has already said that Wolf gets to choose the panel. Are you really saying that it would be impossible to find three or four fair and impartial arbitrators from all of 2+2?

[/ QUOTE ]

David Sklansky, El Diablo, Howard Treesong...
Old 07-22-2007, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Admo has already said that Wolf gets to choose the panel. Are you really saying that it would be impossible to find three or four fair and impartial arbitrators from all of 2+2?

[/ QUOTE ]

David Sklansky, El Diablo, Howard Treesong...

[/ QUOTE ]

...Andyfox...

--Nate
Old 07-22-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Admo,

stop being a douche. I have no idea if he posts under different accounts. But you want this bet settled by vote or panel?

[/ QUOTE ]

To reiterate: wolffund gets to choose how the bet is settled, I only provided a few suggestions. I'm game for whatever he decides so long as it's fair.

sidebar: this falls outside the boundaries of fairness for me: "Come to New York and see how many computers I have. One, two, three, four, five... I win."

ps. wolffund-- see quoted text. Melchiades would be an excellent choice for the panel.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:13 AM

When prop bets get nasty... see Phil Ivey vs Ram Vaswani my lord [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It seems to me that for all his denials Admo is turning a prop bet into some childish grudge/ obsession. FFS, give up your obvious addiction to prop bets and go back to much more amusing photoshops, IMHO you're just making yourself look bad.

Seriously, this is the lamest prop bet ever, who the [censored] cares if Wolfund has more than one account?? And why is everyone obsessed with him being a fraud? He doesn't seem to be to me, but even if the stories on his blog were all made up, they're entertaining so what does it matter? It amazes me that so many people have their knickers in a twist over nothing.

Internet, serious business indeed... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2007, 11:17 AM

cat,

you seem to be focusing too much on the fact that he may be posting with other accounts (nobody cares about this). i think the real issue is lying about it.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me that for all his denials Admo is turning a prop bet into some childish grudge/ obsession. FFS, give up your obvious addiction to prop bets and go back to much more amusing photoshops, IMHO you're just making yourself look bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, he's just trying to needle wolf into making a bet that he knows he's +EV in.

Remember what Nathan Detroit had to say about prop bets:

"When I was a young man about to go out into the world, my father says to me a very valuable thing. 'Son,' the old guy says, 'I'm sorry that I am not able to bankroll you a very large start. But not having any potatoes to give you, I am going to give you some very valuable advice. One of these days in your travels, you are going to come across a guy with a nice brand new deck of cards, and this guy is going to offer to bet you that he can make the Jack of Spades jump out of the deck and squirt cider in your ear. But, son, do not take this bet, for if you do, as sure as you are standing there, you are going to end up with an ear full of cider.'"
Old 07-22-2007, 12:04 PM

LOL oh yeah i know that quote very well as i'm sure do most pokah players. But I still think the tone has turned nasty unecessarily. Anyway, Admo remember to be careful what you wish for... remember the "Nobody calls Earl a chicken!!" story [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL oh yeah i know that quote very well as i'm sure do most pokah players. But I still think the tone has turned nasty unecessarily. Anyway, Admo remember to be careful what you wish for... remember the "Nobody calls Earl a chicken!!" story [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cat, I bet The Fossilman could clear up this prop bet mess with ease?
Old 07-22-2007, 01:31 PM

Cliff notes

1. Wolffund could pick the amount and stipulations.

2. Wolfund could pick the judges.

Seems like a lock if Wolffund only posted under 1 account. Why not take the free money?

Wolffund comes to the thread and disputes that he ever posted under any account but "Wolffund" but refuses to accept the bet.

Wolffund then offers 100K fistfight yo?

Admo clear winner