Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Should I be worried about this debt?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this debt is not showing up on my credit history as of right now. My history shows the 5 credit cards I have used and since I never have been late on a payment my score is near perfect as of right now.

Is 5k a huge debt for a bank to collect?
Doesnt the fact that is has been two years and nothing has happened reflect that I might be ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

Banks have lawyers and accountants on staff whose only job is to identify and collect debts. Sure they will go after $5 million embezzlers first, but they will eventually find time to squash you like a bug. It will most likely happen when they get bored and need something to fill their downtime.

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement is ill informed. Creditors give up on bad debt all the time.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In essence then, the blame falls sqaurely on me? The bank is in no way responsible for allowing the bad check to clear?

[/ QUOTE ]

YES! holy [censored] it took you 2 years to realize this? Why didnt you decide to look into things when like EVERYONE around you was 100% sure it was a scam?
Old 10-03-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I then waited two weeks. I figured that if this was a scam the bank would be able to detect a bad check by then, but nothing happened. So I got the cash (about 5k) and sent 4.5k to some other guy. A few days later the bank says the check was bad and my account it at -5k.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many people would actually send you a check for 5k? Why the [censored] would you send the money back? You should of partied like a rockstar and atleast had some good stories to tell. Now you just owe 5k with interest.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:56 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Send them 5k in Monopoly money?
Old 10-03-2007, 01:05 PM

"So perhaps you will be interested in something no house can be without...volcano insurance. According to my uncle who is a real whiz with volcanoes, a volcano is coming this way."

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9iby4FhywNHDikBWQ2jzbkF/SIG=12ggbnnj7/EXP=1191517409/**http%3A//mmii.info/icons/SuperSnake2012/familyguy_salesman.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2007, 01:23 PM

WRONG. WRONG. WRONG. The FDCPA applies to 3rd party collections only. The bank is the orinal party and is not bound by the FDCPA.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In essence then, the blame falls sqaurely on me? The bank is in no way responsible for allowing the bad check to clear?

GOD [censored] DAMIT. How bad will this hurt my score? And for about how long?

[/ QUOTE ]

While it does suck that you got scammed, and ultimately the scammer is to blame, you're also lacking huge common sense skills. were you really under the impression this whole time that it was the banks fault and would just go away?

knowing nothing about banking, but using common sense, you can:
1. not pay. this will make your credit and financial dealings suck more.
2. pay. they'll probably let you repay less than the full amount, over time, and it will make your credit and financial dealings suck less.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GOD [censored] DAMIT. How bad will this hurt my score? And for about how long?

[/ QUOTE ]

While it does suck that you got scammed, and ultimately the scammer is to blame, you're also lacking huge common sense skills. were you really under the impression this whole time that it was the banks fault and would just go away?

knowing nothing about banking, but using common sense, you can:
1. not pay. this will make your credit and financial dealings suck more.
2. pay. they'll probably let you repay less than the full amount, over time, and it will make your credit and financial dealings suck less.

[/ QUOTE ]

3. Hope the statute of limitations for filing a claim expires before they get around to filing their lawsuit. It sounds like it might be close already.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:01 PM

OP.

ALLOW ME TO INTRODUCE MYSELF. MY NAME IS CHARLES ONWUDINJO. I WAS A PERSONAL SECRETARY OF THE PAST PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA, WHO DIED RECENTLY IN A PLANE CRASH WITH HIS ENTIRE FAMILY, LEAVING NO HEIRS. I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS THE WHEREABOUTS OF HIS FORTUNE.

HIS ESTATE OF US$20,000,000 (TWENTY MILLION DOLLARS) WILL REVERT BACK TO THE GOVERNMENT IF I CANNOT FIND A NEXT OF KIN.

I NEED YOUR HELP. I CAN ORGANIZE PAPERS NAMING YOU AS THE NEXT OF KIN. I WILL THEN USE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT TO TRANSFER THE FUNDS FOR THE PERIOD OF ONE MONTH. I WILL LEAVE 10% OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT IN YOUR ACCOUNT AS A REWARD FOR YOUR EFFORTS.

IF YOU ARE WILLING TO HELP ME, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY FORWARD YOUR NAME, ADDRESS AND BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER.

PLEASE KEEP THIS TRANSACTION SECRET.

REGARDS,
CHARLES ONWUDINJO
NIGERIA
Old 10-03-2007, 02:03 PM

someone pm idi about this kid