Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 06:27 AM

Default dave, clear PM box please

Dave, please clear your PM box.

Also, any updates on my betpot + snoopfree problem?
Old 04-23-2007, 09:45 PM

Default Re: dave, clear PM box please

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Done.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing in the way of good news yet [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Which is a shame, because SnoopFree seems really nice for the brief time I had it running.

The problem is this - SnoopFree does not stop BetPot from working with PokerStars, it just makes it work really really slowly.

It traps the calls to imagesearch, tyhe first time it aalerts you and asks allow/deny. I tell it allow, but it does not stop monitoring each call. I can see SnoopFreeUI.exe taking up loads of CPU in task manager whenever I click one of my Pot() buttons.Eventually the function completes and it bets after ~10 seconds on my system.

I need to review the code to see if I can cut down the number of imagematch calls, but somehow I doubt it will be enough to make a difference [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Ideally you would be able to exclude AutoHotkey.exe from SnoopFree entirely, but thet doesn't seem possible at this time - and would probably not be in line with the aims of SnoopFree.

dave.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Done.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing in the way of good news yet [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Which is a shame, because SnoopFree seems really nice for the brief time I had it running.

The problem is this - SnoopFree does not stop BetPot from working with PokerStars, it just makes it work really really slowly.

It traps the calls to imagesearch, tyhe first time it aalerts you and asks allow/deny. I tell it allow, but it does not stop monitoring each call. I can see SnoopFreeUI.exe taking up loads of CPU in task manager whenever I click one of my Pot() buttons.Eventually the function completes and it bets after ~10 seconds on my system.

I need to review the code to see if I can cut down the number of imagematch calls, but somehow I doubt it will be enough to make a difference [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Ideally you would be able to exclude AutoHotkey.exe from SnoopFree entirely, but thet doesn't seem possible at this time - and would probably not be in line with the aims of SnoopFree.

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you tried contactiung the SnoopFree/AHK authors? It might just be that the SnoopFree hook is not very well optimized and/or the AHK code used could be improved to not do so many screen captures - possibly even adding the ability to work from a buffered off-screen image (I've never used it, but I'm guessing that AHK is doing lots and lots of small BitBlts for the image search?).

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

possibly even adding the ability to work from a buffered off-screen image (I've never used it, but I'm guessing that AHK is doing lots and lots of small BitBlts for the image search?).

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking to do, one big BitBlt between processes (which snoopfree would slow down), then the ~300 or so that BetPot does conducted in it's own memory space - but I'd have to re-implement the AHK ImageSearch to work from an off-screen HDC, which would take some time for me to figure out.

Right now AHK ImageSearch requires the window to be visible, so I'm guessing it uses the main desktop HDC for everything - so a window specific function without visible requirement may well be useful for other purposes also. It would reduce compatibility to >= XP, which probably isn't so much of an issue these days - GDI PrintWindow() function does not exist before XP, and it is the only way I know of to get a bitmap into memory from an invisible / obstructed window.

dave.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

possibly even adding the ability to work from a buffered off-screen image (I've never used it, but I'm guessing that AHK is doing lots and lots of small BitBlts for the image search?).

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking to do, one big BitBlt between processes (which snoopfree would slow down), then the ~300 or so that BetPot does conducted in it's own memory space - but I'd have to re-implement the AHK ImageSearch to work from an off-screen HDC, which would take some time for me to figure out.

Right now AHK ImageSearch requires the window to be visible, so I'm guessing it uses the main desktop HDC for everything - so a window specific function without visible requirement may well be useful for other purposes also. It would reduce compatibility to >= XP, which probably isn't so much of an issue these days - GDI PrintWindow() function does not exist before XP, and it is the only way I know of to get a bitmap into memory from an invisible / obstructed window.

dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a message that does this for w2k also. I have some snippits around somewhere for it I may be able to find. WM_PRINT I think it was off hand.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so a window specific function without visible requirement may well be useful for other purposes also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would be awesome for TableNavigator AttentionQueue!