Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 10-18-2007, 01:44 PM

Default when villians go nuts...

no specific read on the villians. table was beyond vpip 50.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Omaha/8 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.35.
Hero calls, UTG+1 (poster) checks, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (14.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (22.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 26.20 BB

no comment needed on preflop i guess. i flop the nutlow so i bet. with that many players in the pot even assuming its for half the pot it should make money. same idea for the 3bet.

after the turnraise i call down.

river is a pretty good card for me but considering the action i assumed someone made a FH so i didnt raise.

the result (which i will post later) was one of those O8-wtf-is-going-on-here moments.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:54 PM

Default Re: when villians go nuts...

Two pair plus nut low on the turn? Pump it up!

Boat plus nut low on the river? Pump it up!

It seems unlikely that anybody is voluntarily in the hand with any of the following combinations:

73xx, 7Qxx, and 72xx is made a little less likely since you hold a deuce.

If QQ is in play, you don't stand to lose a lot in a multi-way pot here. Doesn't make sense to me to put on the brakes on the turn or river, but I don't play a lot of limit O8.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:00 PM

you are prolly right but i was a bit confused as the action ususally goes bet/call/call/.. or check/check/check/.. at that limit.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:14 PM

you rivered a boat, why arent you raising? you have nut low + 2nd boat. QQ and 73 beat you for high. You have nut low, go nuts