Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 05:55 PM

Default I know, seriously guys, you\'ve been waiting for another Dids bus post

So here's the situation.

There exists, on my bus, a lady. I think I hate her but I don't have any good reaosons.

She's about 50, the kind of person who is rocking a slighly modernized beehive. Also the kind of person who after I've lost 100 lbs comes up and asks "have you lost some weight" and then the next day greats me with "hey skinny". She also has this annoying habit of attempting to talk to me when I've got headphones on, when a year plus worth of sampling should indiate to her that I can't hear anything until I take them off.

The extent of my relationship with her is forced small talk and a "hello" head nod on those occasions when I [censored] up and make eye contact with her when she arrives at the bus stop. (my friend who sometimes rides the earlier bus with her reports that she's also prone to having long mean spirited conversations on the bus on her phone with her daughter about the daughter's sex and drug addictions and he thinks she's basically a horrible person as well, but he's even more prone to rash judgements than I am and can't be trusted to report anything that's happened with any degree of truth, so there's a gain of salt here)

Yesterday, apparently working under the assumption that our relationship has been bolstered by the weight loss conversation, she starts try to talk to me as we both exit the bus, despite my walking ahead of her such that I can't see her and as mentioned before, headphones = I can't hear here. I get the feeling there's somebody behind me, yada yada she asks:

"Would you ride in with me tomorrow so I can bring my crate (I think she said "crate", at this point I'm so wtf-ed by what I consider to be the forwardness of her request that I'm not paying attention). I happen to truthfully not know what I'm doing tomorrow (aka today), so just tell her I can't commit (truth is that there's no way in [censored] I'm spending 30-45 minute in a car with some random bus person).

Then I happen to run into her at the bus stop that afternoon, and once again she attempts to talk to me when I can't hear, and all I get before we board the bus and I walk to a location I call "nowhere the [censored] near her" is some nonsense about how heavy whatever the [censored] it is is. (now I'm inferring that she didn't just want me to ride with her, but to carry whatever the hell this is to where ever she's going)

Questions:

1- is her request acceptable? We board and exit the bus from the same park and ride, so it's not like I'm really going out of my way, but we're not in the least bit friendly or familiar.

2- how many of you, in my spot, ride with the lady?

3- Shouldn't it be really [censored] basic to get somebody's attention before trying to talk to them when they're wearing headphones? I can homicide because of this, right?

Cliff notes: This is a long post about Dids and the bus, and if you're the sort who doesn't enjoy long form posts or Dids posts you probably won't like this much anyway. Now would be a good time to call me fat.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:06 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.
Default Re: I know, seriously guys, you\'ve been waiting for another Dids bus post

Hey Skinny,
I probably just do the old bird a favor, it's obvious her life isn't going that great. Help a beehived woman out, maybe she will hook you up with her slutty daughter.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:07 PM

Default Re: I know, seriously guys, you\'ve been waiting for another Dids bus p

[ QUOTE ]
she's also prone to having long mean spirited conversations on the bus on her phone with her daughter about the daughter's sex and drug addictions

[/ QUOTE ]

She uses her cell phone on the bus. Obv you don't help her
Old 08-02-2007, 06:12 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
she's also prone to having long mean spirited conversations on the bus on her phone with her daughter about the daughter's sex and drug addictions

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to get off the topic, I've never understood this, why do people care about cell phones in public places? People talk to other people on the bus/train. Whats the difference? theres no difference between talking on a cell phone and talking to the person next to you. I just don't understand.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to get off the topic, I've never understood this, why do people care about cell phones in public places? People talk to other people on the bus/train. Whats the difference? theres no difference between talking on a cell phone and talking to the person next to you. I just don't understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

See "How Big Of A Life Nit Am I? (Cell phones on trains)" thread.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:15 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0&fpart=1

for Matty
Old 08-02-2007, 06:16 PM

This is probably the only person who would want to converse with an obese, albino, and you turn her down? This was your chance, man!
Old 08-02-2007, 06:17 PM

'Dids Takes the Bus' would make an awesome sitcom.

Or maybe a reality show.

You really should've started filming it before you lost all that weight though, as that would make a great side plot.

Any chance you'd be willing to gain it back? It'd probably be easier to lose the second time.

Edited: Forgot to answer the questions.

Questions:

1- is her request acceptable? We board and exit the bus from the same park and ride, so it's not like I'm really going out of my way, but we're not in the least bit friendly or familiar.

Her request is incredibly unacceptable. No reasonable, sane person would ask a random bus person to help them do anything that requires them to get off the bus together. You've made your best efforts to remain aloof, and she can't get the hint. This is NOT the kind of person that you want to get off the bus with. For any reason.

Unless she was hot.

2- how many of you, in my spot, ride with the lady?

The only reason anyone would ride with this lady in this exact situation was if they had low standards and planned on banging her, or were sociopathic and were intent on murdering her.

3- Shouldn't it be really [censored] basic to get somebody's attention before trying to talk to them when they're wearing headphones? I can homicide because of this, right?

You should have left the head phones on and just nodded and smiled while hearing absolutely nothing she said. She would probably still talk to you, but at least you wouldn't hear it.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, people talking on phones are typically talking much louder than people talking to another person.

See this for further clarification on the subject. (not a rickroll)

edit: sorry, wrong thread i guess. I suck.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:21 PM

You're gonna help her, Dids
Dids, help her tomorrow