Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 05:20 PM

Default My Guest Bartending Trip Report (Last Saturday night)

Last Saturday night, I was out for a birthday party with about 15 friends. We decided to all head down to Adams Morgan in DC to a bar called Brass Monkey. I head straight for the upstairs bar because my friend Jake bartends up there.

When I got to the bar, I noticed the bar was packed and Jake was the only one working behind the bar. I waited about 10 minutes for him to notice me and as I was about to order some drinks I said to him, "Looks like you could use some help Jake." I bartended with Jake for 3 years in college at University of Maryland, so he asked me to hop behind the bar and help him out. I thought he was joking since I didn't work there and I was in street clothes, but he was serious, so I jumped behind the bar and started helping him out.

I forgot how much fun it was. I hadn't bartended in about 2 years, so it took a few minutes to get everything back. I spent the next hour or so serving drinks to everyone. The best thing was that since I didn't work there, I could pretty much do whatever I wanted back there. So I took a shot with about every group of girls as well as my friends whenever they ordered them

I also forgot how easy it was to pick up girls back behind the bar. The girls are flirting with me because I am serving the drinks and they want me to hook them up with free drinks, while I just want to hook up with them. Pretty fair trade off if you ask me. I just remember when I quit, I had to learn all over again how to talk to girls because it was so easy while bartending.

At one point throughout the night, the owner even came upstairs and saw me back there. He asked Jake who I was and he told him that he worked with me before. Then he noticed how busy the bar was and realized he'd have to help out if I was not back there. Since I was doing a better job than he could do, he just let me stay back there, which was pretty sweet.

So basically to sum up the night, I got wasted bartending in street clothes, and none of my friends or I had to pay a dime for a drink. I also got a hot girl's number when I was back behind the bar giving stuff away. All in all, it was a great night, and I had a ton of fun back there.

Here's a picture my friend Christine took of me back there pouring some shots. I think they were Washington Apples, but I really don't remember:

Old 03-01-2007, 06:24 PM

Default Re: My Guest Bartending Trip Report (Last Saturday night)

Did you get to keep your tips?

Or did you just do this as a favor and for fun?
Old 03-01-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Did you get to keep your tips?

Or did you just do this as a favor and for fun?

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't offer me any money, but if he did, I would have said no. I just did it for fun and as a favor for him. I also made out well as about 15 of us had free drinks and shots throughout the night, so I think it was a fair tradeoff. I got good points with the friends, as they'll probably end up buying me drinks on future nights b/c of that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2007, 08:41 PM

respect.

Keep the cocktail faith.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:43 PM

Cappy,

Great job suggesting the next DC 2+2er happy hour be there with you bartending. I'll definitely attend!

Your friend,
Asofel
Old 03-01-2007, 08:44 PM

Brass monkey is cool. I like Maadam's Organ a little better. It's weird and has that lame/awesome top balcony.