Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2006, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Running into the ex-Famous

[ QUOTE ]
I was in an elevator with Kiefer Sutherland and his two assistants last week. I made eye contact with him, but then pussed out and didn't say anything, because I feared saying something wrong and being killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keifer likes to drink in Koreatown in Los Angeles quite a bit. Last time we saw him a couple years ago, we got him to come over and drink with us. After a couple drinks, he told us "Thank you for allowing me to drink in your city". We told him he was lucky he worked for CTU, or we would have kicked him out of "our city". Good times, cool guy.

DN
Old 01-23-2006, 07:50 PM

The lead guy in the BeeGee's (the one with the teeth and super high voice) was standing in front of me in Blockbuster one time. I said hi, he said hi, and that was it.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:42 PM

I installed an elevator in Joe Pesci's house a couple of weeks ago. Nice guy, but he's pretty intimidating in person.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I installed an elevator in Joe Pesci's house a couple of weeks ago. Nice guy, but he's pretty intimidating in person.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to hear more of this story.

Specifics?

Too much info on the crappy stories in OOT lately, and conversely when we get a good one, mum's the word. *sigh*
Old 01-23-2006, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The lead guy in the BeeGee's (the one with the teeth and super high voice) was standing in front of me in Blockbuster one time. I said hi, he said hi, and that was it.

[/ QUOTE ]

"The one with the teeth"

This was an inspiring story. "I met the guy with the teeth and nothing happened." In these days of idiot barfight OOT posts, we definitely need more such keen observations about world class teeth and things that didn't happen, to keep us real, Vex. They show that there's a place in the world for all of us.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:57 PM

Sorry my post wasn't interesting enough for you. I'm fairly sure everyone knows who this guy is, and I thought it was really cool at the time.

Edited to clarify:

I used "with the teeth" because I remember watching the "Staying Alive" video when I was younger. I remember them walking along in a V shape, with this guy in the front. When he sung, you could see this perfect row of top teeth that I just always remember as being crazy shiny and straight.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:00 PM

sure. I spent about a week working there. Joe was fairly reclusive, but he did come out and chat with us once in a while. He does have a sense of humor, as I heard him bantering with his sister a couple of times.

We also got to hear him sing/play the guitar a couple of times, that was pretty unique I suppose.

All in all, we had a pretty lousy time working there, as the rest of the people in the house (and there were plenty - there was always something going on) treated us lousy (lousily?) For example, it was about 80 degrees inside the house and no one even offered us a bottle of water. The whole week.

The best line though was on the first day, when we were unpacking everything and he came out to the driveway and said, "You boys gonna be able to put this (f'n) jigsaw puzzle together?" It was as funny as any line from any movie ever.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:03 PM

During the 1989 Northrigde earthquake I'm staying on the 26th floor of the mirage.When the quake ended I ride down the elevator with an extremly hung over Oliver Stone.He looked like death warmed over.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I ran into Bob Saget at Harvard a few years ago. We were standing on the street and he came out of some building. He was so drunk he could barely stand up used the word f*ck about 25 times in the span of a 2 minute conversation. It was great.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you were surprised by this you obviously have never heard his comedy. it still amazes me that he got those fullhouse and AFHV gigs.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry my post wasn't interesting enough for you. I'm fairly sure everyone knows who this guy is, and I thought it was really cool at the time.

Edited to clarify:

I used "with the teeth" because I remember watching the "Staying Alive" video when I was younger. I remember them walking along in a V shape, with this guy in the front. When he sung, you could see this perfect row of top teeth that I just always remember as being crazy shiny and straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

You misunderstand. I loved your post and could relate. I always thought that dude had some pretty massive teeth too.