Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: The Well: Velocity

[ QUOTE ]
Will I meet you in vegas this summer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, unless you wuss out like you did in December [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you know something that would be useful to know for an STTīer which you havenīt read mentioned anywhere, and would you PM me what it is if I promise not to share it with anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't mentioned enough, and people vastly underestimate the importance of having better players you can pester with questions from time to time and discuss poker with outside the forums.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:34 PM

You might not be the person to ask, but where do you see SNGs and the ability to make a living off of them in the future?

How difficult was it to become a competent cash-game player and would you recommend it in general?
Old 02-23-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Will I meet you in vegas this summer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, unless you wuss out like you did in December [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya exams are teh gay
Old 02-23-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You might not be the person to ask, but where do you see SNGs and the ability to make a living off of them in the future?

How difficult was it to become a competent cash-game player and would you recommend it in general?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can beat the 22s for 10% 8 tabling and play full time, 40hrs/week 50 wks/yr you can make 40k, which is definitely enough to live off. Obviously this is a lot more work than most of us put in and it has there isn't as much ridiculously easy money around, but anyone should be able to make a living off them indefinitely. If you want to be super rich thats another story, and less than 50 people will be making 150k/yr if all they play is SNGs, and that number may be a bit high.

It wasn't too tough to become a decent cash-game player. I played a lot of cash games live during high school. Once you figure out you want to have a big hand in a big pot and what a big hand actually is it's easy.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you know something that would be useful to know for an STTīer which you havenīt read mentioned anywhere, and would you PM me what it is if I promise not to share it with anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't mentioned enough, and people vastly underestimate the importance of having better players you can pester with questions from time to time and discuss poker with outside the forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will also add that a lot of times even if you don't get why people are saying what they are saying, listen to it, they are better players for a reason.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:30 PM

Some questions from a native Iowan-

1. 1985 or 2002? A. better team? B. bigger heisman crime? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

2. Ferentz is god, true/false.

3. Which was more bothersome; getting hometeamed by the refs in florida or texas?

4. What in the bloody hell happened to the QB Tate was supposed to be last year?

5. Can an avatar pwn better than yours?

Matt
U of I would've been Class of '01 but the weather called me south.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:32 PM

Is Ricky Davis more Michael Jordan or Magic Johnson?
Old 02-23-2007, 09:10 PM

No question. Just good luck with the decision. You are young, this means you can screw up and it doesn't matter, so don't sweat it too much. If in doubt toss a coin: heads pro, tails job. The secret is if you feel for one moment that you don't like the result of the toss, do the opposite!
Old 02-23-2007, 09:17 PM

After an infinite number of 5-handed SNGs that pay 65/35, who is the biggest winner at a table of David Sklansky, Ted Forrest, Daniel Negraneu, TJ Cloutier, and Doyle Brunson? What if raptor sits down and they play 6-handed? What if you took raptor's seat?