Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2006, 09:08 PM

Default Re: weekday WW redux

I liked it because it meant you didn't need to be following the thread 24/7. For those of us on the west coast who are rarely connected before 3 pm ET it meant we could still contribute to discussion and voting without worrying about missing the key vote.

Also, in some ways it hurts the wolves as the villagers know to all be online at the end and coordinating a switch like the one Patton started to Alex on the VR day is hard to do.

Even today when some of the wolves started howling at 7:00 or amplify vote FTW (for the win) at 6:59 gave the villagers a chance to switch to me and leave the wolves exposed.

Also, early on I think thebram suggested the villagers wait until the last minute to vote. I think in the early rounds that would have been interesting as it does mean the wolves have to be more careful as it isn't all laid out where the "safe" bandwagons are.

I do think however a rule where everyone has to vote everyday would be worth while in a timed game. In a majority instant-night game someone might just be surprised by an early night, but in a fixed time game everyone should be able to make a vote post everyday (or maybe miss one day and get warning, miss second day get mod-killed in the worst way for your team).
Old 05-16-2006, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's almost enough to make me play long games again.

Except I'm sure I wouldn't be a wolf ... so it wouldn't be as fun.

Who wants me to Mod Mish Mash 3? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shorty, if there were ever a game designed for you to mod, it is MishMash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that because MishMash is confusing enough as it is and we don't want a player as confusing as shorty actually PLAYING the game?

Heh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kyro, I still think you were a wolf [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

After that game, I'm gonna check with Jared to make sure I WASN'T a wolf.

Damn, that's the worst I've ever been.

Good thing I'm taking my pills. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just read the wrap up. This is one of the few times when I was 100% sure Kyro was a wolf. There was no doubt in my mind. Shortline was so obviously a villager, and Kyro was toying with him like a cat with a mouse. I can't believe I was wrong.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So what do you guys think of the format? The voting rule was strange here so I'm curious what you all think.

Patton's excellent code work shows that it can help the wolves greatly. Also, the lack of majority rule being necesary helps. This is imo somewhat mitigated by the extended time to sort everything out. What I didn't see coming was the level of craziness that would result.

Jared

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked the format in general, and I loved the timing/structure. But I think we need to meet a minimum threshold to lynch someone, maybe at least 40%. I got lynched on less than 25% (4/17); this really doesn't mean much or make much sense, as I think I can outrun 4 people if my life depended on it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

This was of course mostly the village's fault, as we were a jumbled mess at that point. Maybe in future games villagers will learn from this experience and not let these cheap lynchings happen.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:27 PM

wdc,

I'm shocked there were people who actually thought I was a wolf. Have you ever seen me play a wolf? I played exactly like I play as a villager, except I was wrong with all my hunches, instincts, guesses, you name it.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So what do you guys think of the format? The voting rule was strange here so I'm curious what you all think.

Patton's excellent code work shows that it can help the wolves greatly. Also, the lack of majority rule being necesary helps. This is imo somewhat mitigated by the extended time to sort everything out. What I didn't see coming was the level of craziness that would result.

Jared

[/ QUOTE ]
gg all
good job jared
nice format
Old 05-16-2006, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wdc,

I'm shocked there were people who actually thought I was a wolf. Have you ever seen me play a wolf? I played exactly like I play as a villager, except I was wrong with all my hunches, instincts, guesses, you name it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent played a lot of games with you, but from what I'd seen/heard, your early game was un-kyroish.

It wasnt until I was able to unleash your wrath that I became more sure of your villagerness.

btw, un-kyroish had nothing to do with you being right or wrong
Old 05-16-2006, 09:35 PM

My early game was very unkyroish. I was distracted with a second game that was in full swing. I did make a concerted effort to be a better villager after the first day though.

Well done, kyro.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:30 PM

Patton,

Brilliant.

wdcbooks,

That's exactly what I was thinking. I figured Kyro wouldn't be so ignorant enough to not see that SubZero was the best lynch, so he had to be a wolf. Again, I have no room to talk though; I vehemently defended every single wolf at one point or another.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:47 PM

Good game, wolves!

I was screaming at my monitor when you guys were trying to lynch Shortline. I was convinced that he was a villager.

Kyro, before I died, I wasn't sure on whether you were a villager or a wolf, but once you and Nicholas took the reins, I knew you were a villager. I wouldn't say that you played badly, because we were all confused. The wolves just did a great job.

However, I am a little disapointed in the AFKness of some of the wolves in this game. You guys flew under the radar too much, which made it harder. Combine that with under the radar villagers, and it was a clusterfuk.

Patton, you did a great job. I never suspected you.

Why the hell was I killed? At first I thought it was because my final list had a few wolves on it (turns out only 2 out like 6), but really I was just a crappy villager who was under suspicion, so in hindsight, it doesn't seem to make sense.

For the record, next game, I'm going to post a little less despite my role.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:51 PM

Kyro wasted most of the early stages getting me voted off :/